Daytona 2 in 0.2a test button won't work

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Daytona 2 in 0.2a test button won't work

Postby metalmight » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:55 am

The only way I can get the emulator to start is by dragging the game zip file onto the supermodel exe. When I do so with 0.2a I get the network error. I read that you need to press the test button to get around this. This is mapped to the 6 key by default. After pressing 6 nothing happens. I tried remapping test to a different key but still didn't work. I also tried svn 741 and the command prompt window just opens for a split second and then closes.

I love Sega arcade games especially the Virtua Fighter/Virtua Racing/Daytona games. I got Daytona 2 working in the Model 2 emulator and it looks great and has a good framerate but the analog steering is a bit wonky.

Anyway, is there a solution to this problem? I just want to get the game working one way or another. I would greatly appreciate any responses and I'm looking forward to chatting. Thanks! 8-)
metalmight

Re: Daytona 2 in 0.2a test button won't work

Postby PowerPC300 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:57 pm

you're supposed to use cmd to use supermodel. it's detailed in the FAQ. and to get past the network error, your need to push 6, then press 5 to navigate to the game settings, press 6 the go into game settings press 5 to get to the system type, press 6 until get single.
Sega has made interesting hardware back in those days, the model 1, naomi, and don't forget the all custom hikaru!
PowerPC300

Postby metalmight » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm

PowerPC300 wrote:to get past the network error, your need to push 6, then press 5 to navigate to the game settings, press 6 the go into game settings press 5 to get to the system type, press 6 until get single.
metalmight wrote:I read that you need to press the test button to get around this. This is mapped to the 6 key by default. After pressing 6 nothing happens. I tried remapping test to a different key but still didn't work.
After pressing 6 it just stays on this screen and nothing happens.
daytona2error.jpg
daytona2error.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 524 times
metalmight

Postby orimarc » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Enter service mode (with test or service keys) and go into Game Assignments, set the Version to Single.
orimarc

Return to The Fitting Room