Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 settings in Supermodel

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 settings in Supermodel

Postby dino.zip » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:06 am

Hello
Tell please - I want to adjust the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 gamepad for a game on the Supermodel emulator generally in racing games.
It is more convenient to me to use management on D-PAD crosspiece (to the left to the right up down) and to involve buttons gas-1 a brake 2
in total. it is more in principle enough.
On the Model 2 Emulator-emulator it is easily adjusted in settings by automatic simple pressing the button on the gamepad a key necessary created itself, and in the Supermodel emulator, I have so understood, it is possible to appropriate most - the choice of keys big and it is very difficult to find from them necessary. or I am mistaken?
I can't find designation of a crosspiece in the Supermodel :oops: .I want to adjust in Basics settings well or in Race settings
Photo of buttons of the gamepad here
http://irelandbackup.jimdo.com/2016/01/ ... mblepad-2/

Thanks
dino.zip

Re: Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 settings in Supermodel

Postby Bart » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:52 pm

dino.zip wrote:Hello
Tell please - I want to adjust the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 gamepad for a game on the Supermodel emulator generally in racing games.
It is more convenient to me to use management on D-PAD crosspiece (to the left to the right up down) and to involve buttons gas-1 a brake 2
in total. it is more in principle enough.
On the Model 2 Emulator-emulator it is easily adjusted in settings by automatic simple pressing the button on the gamepad a key necessary created itself, and in the Supermodel emulator, I have so understood, it is possible to appropriate most - the choice of keys big and it is very difficult to find from them necessary. or I am mistaken?
I can't find designation of a crosspiece in the Supermodel :oops: .I want to adjust in Basics settings well or in Race settings
Photo of buttons of the gamepad here
http://irelandbackup.jimdo.com/2016/01/ ... mblepad-2/

Thanks

You should run Supermodel with the -config-inputs command line parameter and then follow the on-screen instructions. You can easily configure controls by pressing the buttons you want for them. Here is the procedure:

1. Run Supermodel from a command prompt window like this: supermodel -config-inputs
2. Make sure the blank Supermodel window that pops up is selected at all times (you may have to drag it out of the way of the command prompt window so you can read the instructions printed there).
3. With the Supermodel window selected, read and follow the instructions that now appear in the command prompt window. For example, pressing up and down with the keyboard will select different game controls. Then, pressing Enter will allow you to map them, etc.
4. When you are finished and satisfied, press 'q' to quit. Otherwise, at any time, you can press Escape to cancel the process and avoid saving any changes.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby dino.zip » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:10 am

Thanks for comment Bart
I use for start of the emulator only Supermodel-UI v0.9 build 151 (16/09/2013)
At you is what - or reasons about that how to adjust settings Logitech D-Pad in a launcher?
I am not able to use a command line :oops:
dino.zip

Postby Bart » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:41 am

dino.zip wrote:Thanks for comment Bart
I use for start of the emulator only Supermodel-UI v0.9 build 151 (16/09/2013)
At you is what - or reasons about that how to adjust settings Logitech D-Pad in a launcher?
I am not able to use a command line :oops:

Other than editing the INI file directly, I'm not sure what you can do. I would recommend following the instructions on the Help page showing how to use the command line step by step. If this is too difficult, you can create a .bat file to launch Supermodel in config mode. Here is how you would do it:

1. Open the Supermodel folder, wherever Supermodel.exe is.
2. Create a new text file with Notepad.
3. In the text file, write this on the first line:

Code: Select all
supermodel -config-inputs

4. Save the file as "config_inputs.bat"
5. Now double click on that file.

If the file opens again when you double-click, it is because you have file extensions hidden in Windows and the file was saved as "config_inputs.bat.txt". Make sure it is actually named "config_inputs.bat" and it will work.
Bart
Site Admin

Return to The Fitting Room