Sega Rally 2 (SM version r506) Music Problem

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Will this problem be fixed?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Yes
100%
Nope
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: Sega Rally 2 (SM version r506) Music Problem

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:15 am

Kacperas wrote:Haze has stopped contributing to MAME (no more major development) some time ago. He said, he no longer have any real interest in doing this (it feels more like a burden for him now).

Yeah, but it doesn´t mean he can´t make it work. Is never feel to get out. He likes it and we know it.
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby Bart » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:46 pm

He might not care about Model 3, though, and in that case, best not to bother or ask.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Bart wrote:He might not care about Model 3, though, and in that case, best not to bother or ask.

Try a nother guy. :)
They have a few on Mame Git repository.
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby Toshiko » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:44 pm

I will just say, when it comes to working for free, it's best to not pester. Inform of bugs, inform of regressions, but if you don't get a response, don't press the issue. They're aware of it. Put yourself in their shoes; if you're enjoying your time off with friends/family/whathaveyou, do you want to be pestered by someone you don't know as if they're your boss? Writing an emulator is almost universally done for fun, not as a service. Some authors are genuinely concerned about preservation, but they still aren't treating this as a day job. It's an interest, a hobby. If anyone sucks the fun out, for any reason, it only hurts the community as a whole. Give authors slack, don't breathe down their neck, don't ask when an update is coming, and let forever be. Everyone will win in the end.

I've worked in development, I've headed projects both paid and unpaid, and I know how it goes. If you do nothing else, offer words of support and thanks. Don't beg, plead, or pester a free project. All you do is invite anxiety and frustration. </harsh>
Toshiko

Previous

Return to The Fitting Room