VF3 has sound crackling badly

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

VF3 has sound crackling badly

Postby Zeether » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm experiencing a problem with Virtua Fighter 3 on basically every version of Supermodel, it has some issue where the sound crackles and then stops playing entirely. Not sure if anyone's had this happen before but I want to know how to fix this, I'm on a laptop with an i5, Windows 7x64 and most other games on the emulator run fine (I tried Spikeout after that and it never had this problem)

I have a video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOKGx3KanE It seems to be that one level's music that messed it up, because I've done adjustments to the volume and even played a match through to the end and the music returns to normal after that. No other stages have that issue.
Zeether

Re: VF3 has sound crackling badly

Postby VF3 addicted » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:53 am

Hi the problem is propably in sound code i have reported it long time ago unfortunately nobody give me any answer about that error . This is VS stage not avalible when you play arcade mode (against machine) . This is not only on yours laptop on my pc is same bug , music play for about twenty seconds and then completely gone , music and sounds like punching ,kicking ,character voices everything is gone , they return when you end play on this stage , also one other stage is defected by this same problem is the Shun stage BUT ONLY IN VS MODE WHEN BY CHOOSING THE STAGE BY CHALLENGER BOTH OF THE PLAYERS ARE HOLDING THEIRS START BUTTON this make the background changing like you play against Dural (in cave boat on water)in arcade mode and music that playing is same as the VS stage that You and I mention before . So no worries probably everybody have the same problem , "since the sound code was not touched for ages". Peace
VF3 addicted

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am

Shaking sound on the coin. My ears. :D
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby Bart » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Zeether wrote:I'm experiencing a problem with Virtua Fighter 3 on basically every version of Supermodel, it has some issue where the sound crackles and then stops playing entirely. Not sure if anyone's had this happen before but I want to know how to fix this, I'm on a laptop with an i5, Windows 7x64 and most other games on the emulator run fine (I tried Spikeout after that and it never had this problem)

I have a video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOKGx3KanE It seems to be that one level's music that messed it up, because I've done adjustments to the volume and even played a match through to the end and the music returns to normal after that. No other stages have that issue.

There is a known issue on the cave level. But there shouldn't be any such issue on other stages. It's unfortunate but hopefully will get resolved at some point. Currently it is not being addressed, though, due to a backlog of other higher-priority issues.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Zeether » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Yeah, I deduced it was just that level after doing single player. Better to just turn the stage select dipswitch on for VS and not pick that stage at all.
Zeether

Return to The Fitting Room