Critical Ocean Hunter issue

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Critical Ocean Hunter issue

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:44 am

Yeah thankfully. It's only like my 5th attempt at solving this problem :)
Ian

Postby HarryTuttle » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Those corner cases... that's why I've somewhat come to a stop point, if I tweak some bit here it breaks something else there...

I've posted my last attempt to fixed shading in the relevant thread, I'm going to post my last update to spotlight & fog, another tweak to lighting model and a little change to 2d-3d alignment.

If you're going to consider my hack to fix near-far plane thrashing problem I think that's all I've come to by now.

I've some idea about LOS (line of sight) and texture smoothing, but I'm currently unable to implement them. Anyway I'll talk about those in the appropriate threads.
HarryTuttle

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 pm

Yeah I saw your fixed shading patch :)
I will try it out. I really wanted/need some high quality footage of that scene in magical truck .. but it seems not to exist (at least on youtube).
Some of the emulation problems are super hard, I've tried like 10 different things to fix transparency, all without success.
I was hoping Bart would be able to fix the timing problems, or the problem were we are rendering incomplete memory, then wouldn't need to hack the engine with near/far patches. I don't really like hacks, they bite you in the ass when you least expect it :)
Ian

Previous

Return to The Fitting Room