Supermodel Render State Analysis

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Supermodel Render State Analysis

Postby HarryTuttle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Bart, I started this topic 'cause don't want to pollute the other one with this issue. Now it seems to run fine, I just discovered that I must not use "-DSUPERMODEL_DEBUGGER" with "-DDEBUG" (which was needed until some version ago, otherwise it didn't compile at all).

However now I got another problem (I really apologize to be so annoying): all the snapshots are the same, that is when i click on the boxes it doesn't show any variation. Also when I exit the emulator it says:
Code: Select all
WARNING - number of input source acquisitions (332) does not equal number of releases (328)
HarryTuttle

Re: Supermodel Render State Analysis

Postby Bart » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm

HarryTuttle wrote:However now I got another problem (I really apologize to be so annoying): all the snapshots are the same, that is when i click on the boxes it doesn't show any variation.

No worries.

Ok, this is probably an issue with the web page that was generated. Do you have Chrome? Right click somewhere in the page and select "Inspect". This opens up the debugger. Click on "Console" and then on the "Network" tab. Is there anything written in red there that indicates a request failed? My guess is that maybe the JQuery library didn't load (it is fetched from a Google server). Or there is a browser incompatibility.

I've tried it on both Chrome and Internet Explorer... Also, note that only the blue boxes are clickable.

Also when I exit the emulator it says:
Code: Select all
WARNING - number of input source acquisitions (332) does not equal number of releases (328)

[/quote]

Oh! This is interesting. Does it only happen when using the state analyzer? It's a debug message Nik left. I don't quite understand what it means. For me, the number of acquired and released sources are equal for each input system... I think it's probably okay but I should look into this in the future. I didn't write the input system so it's kind of a (very complex!) black box to me.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby HarryTuttle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Bart wrote:I've tried it on both Chrome and Internet Explorer... Also, note that only the blue boxes are clickable

I've got Firefox... and uninstalled (from Windows Features) Internet Explorer. Firefox has an inspector too, and from the network tab the request succeeds.

Bart wrote:Oh! This is interesting. Does it only happen when using the state analyzer? ... For me, the number of acquired and released sources are equal for each input system

For me just that same numbers (332, 328) for each input system.
HarryTuttle

Postby HarryTuttle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Bart wrote:Also, note that only the blue boxes are clickable.

I know :) I've just customized "unknownPolyBits" to fit my polygon header masking needs, but the problem of all-the-same-images was before this mod.
HarryTuttle

Postby HarryTuttle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Actually it's not a webpage problem, all the generated bitmap images files are identical, I've checked them all. If you want I can make a zip and upload it to a temporary storage.
HarryTuttle

Postby Bart » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Oh! I think it only works with the legacy renderer :) It uses some hacky global variable that only the legacy render checks for.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby HarryTuttle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Bart wrote:it only works with the legacy renderer

Bart, I've modified the new renderer (following the hacky way...) so that now works on that too :)

I'm preparing the patch in case you're interested.
HarryTuttle

Postby Bart » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:14 pm

It's up to Ian :) The proper way to do it would probably be to use the runtime config, using some secret option you define to hold the bits. You can see how I store e.g., volume settings there in the main loop. Something like s_runtime_config["DebugHighlightPolygonBit"].SetValue<uint32_t>(bitnum);

But whatever works. I can also convert it to this scheme after you have patched it the existing way.
Bart
Site Admin

Return to The Fitting Room