Minor Ski Champ bug

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Minor Ski Champ bug

Postby Shekel » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:24 am

When jumping out of the helicopter, the characters disappear for a second and all you see is the skybox or whatever it is. This didn't used to happen and I don't know when it started.

Side question - Is there a perfect PPC frequency for this game? I get a bit of slowdown during the area changes while the music plays the usual speed. 55 seems to be a bit better than 50 but maybe I just need a faster PC.
Shekel

Re: Minor Ski Champ bug

Postby HarryTuttle » Sun May 07, 2017 11:31 am

Shekel wrote:When jumping out of the helicopter, the characters disappear for a second and all you see is the skybox or whatever it is.

Do you mean when beginning a game? Can you please post a screenshots or, better, a savestate?

I think it's the same problem as Ocean Hunter, that is a near/far range trashed value. A real fix still has to come, but if you want to compile for yourself I've posted a temporary workaround patch here
HarryTuttle

Postby Shekel » Sun May 07, 2017 2:14 pm

It's when you play a game.

It cuts from this:

To this:

Back to this:

Not game-breaking and neither is this bug - Forced 1st person view when selecting free play:
Shekel

Postby HarryTuttle » Sun May 07, 2017 3:22 pm

I can confirm that's the near/far problem that also has Ocean Hunter.

That forced 1st person view in freeplay mode is interesting... I didn't imagine you can have a different point of view in that game.
HarryTuttle

Return to The Fitting Room