Jurassic Park: Lost World

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Jurassic Park: Lost World

Postby andwan0 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:17 am

Is it possible to get the player2 crosshair/cursor to show all the time?
I've tried switching between player1 using the mouse, and player2 using the mouse - whilst other player using joypad. But still player2 crosshair is invisible.

Also, does supermodel support 2 mouse?
andwan0

Re: Jurassic Park: Lost World

Postby Bart » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 am

This is discussed in README.txt. Search for "Crosshairs". Use Alt+I.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby ark216 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:31 pm

I would like to use 2 mice as P1 and P2 respectively. How to do that?
EDIT: I just read 2 mice can be used. But since i use a Front end "Supermodel UI" can someone instruct how to set 2 mice for Light Gun games?
Thanks.....
ark216

Postby Bart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:39 pm

You have to use the 'raw input' input mode. README.txt describes how to do this, but you'll have to do it from the command prompt or set it up in the INI file manually.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby ark216 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Bart wrote:You have to use the 'raw input' input mode. README.txt describes how to do this, but you'll have to do it from the command prompt or set it up in the INI file manually.

Bart something weird happened, i did a successful play through the entire game and now the mouse is acting all "weird". Since your guide mentions that "raw input" must be selected in order to use 2 mice, i choose the "raw input" option from a drop down list in the UI where xinput was previously selected. Now the crosshair/cursor is moving in an opposite direction "vertically" and horizontally does not move beyond the exact "center" of the screen.

I tried calibrating it in the BIOS but its not fixing the issue. Also i changed back the setting to xinput from raw input and removed my 2nd mouse but the effect is same. I also get a blue marker/cross hair in the bios even when the 2nd mouse has been removed from the pc.

Any ideas what could have happened?

check the image in the link below and suggest.

https://imgur.com/K86jJkt
ark216

Postby ark216 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Bart wrote:You have to use the 'raw input' input mode. README.txt describes how to do this, but you'll have to do it from the command prompt or set it up in the INI file manually.

Is there a way to reset my light gun controls via supermodel.ini and then manually add lines to it to make 2 mice work succesfully?
ark216

Postby Bart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm

ark216 wrote:I tried calibrating it in the BIOS but its not fixing the issue. Also i changed back the setting to xinput from raw input and removed my 2nd mouse but the effect is same. I also get a blue marker/cross hair in the bios even when the 2nd mouse has been removed from the pc.

Can you paste the contents of error.log after running with this problem?

I think the blue cursor should probably be there because it's rendered by the game. As for why the mouse is inverted, that's a strange one and I'm not too sure. But let's a take a look at error.log first.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby ark216 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:31 am

How to generate the error log?
ark216

Postby ark216 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:52 am

Bart wrote:
ark216 wrote:I tried calibrating it in the BIOS but its not fixing the issue. Also i changed back the setting to xinput from raw input and removed my 2nd mouse but the effect is same. I also get a blue marker/cross hair in the bios even when the 2nd mouse has been removed from the pc.

Can you paste the contents of error.log after running with this problem?

I think the blue cursor should probably be there because it's rendered by the game. As for why the mouse is inverted, that's a strange one and I'm not too sure. But let's a take a look at error.log first.

Bart i had an another copy of the model 3 Emulator in my other drive so far the game now works fine i will attach images for you to see if anything else is off.
Now i have copied that same folder to the root of my C drive in order to avoid any confusion because i am a complete noob while using cmd line.
So my path in C drive is model3>>roms>>lostwsga. What are the exact commands i will be typing in order to execute the game successfully along with 2 mice working for P1 and P2.

Images Links: https://imgur.com/a/ABdh3

Regards
ark216

Postby Bart » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:10 am

The error log is generated automatically in the Supermodel directory each time the program is run. You should be able to run the game using these commands when you open a command prompt window:

Code: Select all
cd \model3
supermodel roms\lostwsga.zip -input-system=rawinput
Bart
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Fitting Room