laptop crops the image

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

laptop crops the image

Postby Nickie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 am

so i have this weird issue on my new laptop, it doesn't happen on my stationary PC so it's not necessarily supermodel's fault, but it puzzles me as to how it handles resolutions ...

so the problem is: something somehow makes the image cropped on top and bottom when full screen ...
and i don't get why because both the computers have 1920x1080 screens, and i'm running supermodel with that same resolution, so it somehow gets "zoomed" on my laptop .. i only have quite small black lines on the side , but even in wide-screen mode the visible area appears to be exactly the same, so it's not even that the image is fit to width :?

i've trying to fiddle with my IGP graphics options but they don't seem to make any diference , so maybe someone around here knows about this weird behavior and has solutions ? :D

(btw : core i5 7200U + nvidia MX 150 )
Nickie

Re: laptop crops the image

Postby Ian » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:20 am

What's the native desktop resolution for the laptop?
Ian

Re: laptop crops the image

Postby Nickie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

it really is 1920x1080,

but i've just figured it out, and it's kinda weird ...

i had windows texts and apps scaling to 125% because it's a 13" laptop and FHD makes stuff a bit small , turns out supermodel windows is scaled along with it, even in full screen mode :o

so, good to know, but also maybe the fullscreen mode should use another display mode to avoid that ? because it would also happen with the increasingly common 4k screens of small diagonals too etc
Nickie

Return to The Fitting Room