Sega Rally 2 Test Menu not loading

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Sega Rally 2 Test Menu not loading

Postby ark216 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi everyone!
Today after a long time. i decided to play Sega Rally 2 and have encountered a strange problem where i cannot enter the TEST mode of the game in order to change Coins to Free Play and alter Difficulty settings. My Test key is '5' on keyboard whenever i hit it enters into the game with textures missing and sound playing and after a few seconds the game basically does NOTHING and i have to quit it. The Test Menu works in other Model 3 games though. How to solve this?

In addition i tried SR2 DX for the first time and the game simply does not launch. I tried for a different rom from a different source but the results were the same. All i get is a black screen. Does the game even work?

Lastly i saw some SR2 videos on Youtube and i see 2 hidden cars from the first SR game (Lancia and Delta) as playable. How do i unlock them. Is there some passcode or cheat to activate them?

Regards
ark216

Re: Sega Rally 2 Test Menu not loading

Postby ark216 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:11 am

Bump!
ark216

Postby Bart » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Try waiting until the game enters attract mode and some 3D graphics are displayed before trying to coin up or enter the test menu. You may have to clear your NVRAM (Alt+N) and then reset the game (Alt+R).
Bart
Site Admin

Postby ark216 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Bart wrote:Try waiting until the game enters attract mode and some 3D graphics are displayed before trying to coin up or enter the test menu. You may have to clear your NVRAM (Alt+N) and then reset the game (Alt+R).

Hey Bart you were right, i waited till the attract mode showed up and then i was able to access the test menu. Thanks!

I would like to unlock the Celica and Lancia Delta in the game via someone else's NVRAM file. Can you share it kindly if you have unlocked those two?

Thanks once again!
ark216

Postby Bart » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 am

I don't have it but someone has posted it before on the forum if you dig around.
Bart
Site Admin

Return to The Fitting Room