the computer turn off during playing

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

the computer turn off during playing

Postby scd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

hi. when i play daytona usa after about several minutes the pc turn off. its seems that the game is too heavy for the pc or something. there is any solution? thanks. note: its happen in the past with scud too and i think that we (actually my brother) clean the pc inside and solve the problem but im not sure about this time since scud work just fine as far as i aware..
scd

Re: the computer turn off during playing

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

turns off? Or randomly reboots
Could be your psu can't provide enough power, or could be pc is over heating. Pop the side of the case off and check the fans aren't clogged solid with dust
Ian

Postby Bart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Daytona USA 2 is a bit heavier on the GPU if I recall. It pushes more geometry around. So it's entirely possible you're hitting some sort of thermal protection threshold. I've never seen such a thing in practice on desktop PCs, actually.

Reminds me of MechWarrior 2. "Heat level critical. Shutdown sequence initiated." You aren't by any chance running Supermodel inside of a BattleMech, are you?
Bart
Site Admin

Postby scd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:01 am

thanks guys ;) (if i understand you correctly). although
its not my pc but mine brother. so i will think what do do. maybe i will just keep playing scud. thanks anyway ;)
scd

Return to The Fitting Room