Sound quality decreased in Supermodel!

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Sound quality decreased in Supermodel!

Postby RaptorZX3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 am

Did anyone ever noticed a decrease in sound quality, especially in the musics, in later builds of the emulator? Well, i did!
Because in old builds, sound quality was fine, but in later and latest builds (SVN), the musics, at least, sound horribly compressed!

No it's not on my side, i tried with old builds and the sound quality is just fine.

So what happened in the coding for the audio to sound compressed? will this be fixed eventually? or maybe i need to set the audio quality for the emulator now? (if so, i guess audio quality was default at high, and later builds the audio quality is default at low)
RaptorZX3

Re: Sound quality decreased in Supermodel!

Postby Bart » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:42 pm

There has been no change in the sound code. It's possible that some compilers are introducing some sort of optimizations that reduce precision somewhere in the ancient MPEG decoder library. I always build with gcc.
Bart
Site Admin

Re: Sound quality decreased in Supermodel!

Postby RaptorZX3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm

oh so those SVNs aren't made by you, but other peoples!

That might be the case then, a bad compiling or the compiler used is screwing up the MPEG decoder
RaptorZX3

Return to The Fitting Room