Video ussue with The Ocean Hunter

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Video ussue with The Ocean Hunter

Postby anchounio » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 am

Video Issue with game Ocean Hunter during intro of the gameplay. Some moments of the introduction shows a single color screen, blue or green.

https://youtu.be/v22DS-uFrmE

I'm using an AMD Radeon 7870 XT, calamity CRT EMU driver, despite I'm testing it in a modern monitor, not a CRT. I algo happens enabling EDID emulation on a CRT monitor.
Supermodel SVN 735

UPDATE1: *Tested on another computer with a Nvidia Geforce 760 GTX (with official drivers) the game doesn't have these bugs.
anchounio

Re: Video ussue with The Ocean Hunter

Postby Ian » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:23 am

anyone else with an amd card got this issue?
Make a save state of the bad frames, and I'll see if i can figure out what it could be
Ian

Postby HarryTuttle » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Ian, if it can help, I too have the same issue in the official build. I've got a Radeon HD4850.

If I remember correctly that's an old problem: due to imprecise frame timing sometimes we're uploading frame data in the middle of a rendering, corrupting viewport data. Consequently near/far planes are computed incorrectly.
HarryTuttle

Postby Ian » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:41 pm

The near/far issue is a frame timing issue that appears later on in the game. I assume (but never tested) a higher clock speed fixes it .. but never tested that far into the game.
This is definitely something else. My guess its either I broke something in the API, or AMD is having issues somewhere.

If you have AMD codexl
Fire up ocean hunter with it, and make it break on opengl errors. Be worth seeing if the driver moans about anything
Ian

Postby anchounio » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Another issue:
0:05 of the video, when the finger points on the map, the light effect that appears is not on the right place.

I have compared it with how it shows on my computer with an nvidia card, and that light effect appears right below the finger, not on the left of it.
anchounio

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:04 am

0:05 of the video, when the finger points on the map, the light effect that appears is not on the right place.

yes that's very strange ..
Is that bug effected by the -wide-screen command line option?
Wonder if its being given the wrong viewport somehow
Ian

Postby anchounio » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:26 am

No, I'm not using the wide-screen command.

These are my global settings in supermodel.ini (copy-paste). Nothing extraordinary on it. I'm running the game on its default resolution.

"
[ Global ] ; Input settings can only be read from the global section!

; Network board - experimental build for win32 only
EmulateNet = 0
port_in = 1970
port_out = 1971
addr_out = "127.0.0.1"

FullScreen = 1
MultiThreaded = 1
"

and this is the command line I'm using to run the game:

Run, O:\Recreativa\MODEL3\supermodel .\roms\oceanhun.zip -input-system=rawinput
anchounio

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:48 am

can you try setting the widescreen command to see if it makes any difference to the star thing showing up in the correct place?
Ian

Postby anchounio » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:33 am

Here you have:

https://youtu.be/5aSCtiLeAfo

Same issues, the star carries on out of place, same green and blue screens during seconds.... and now the intro has two black horizontal columns.
anchounio

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 am

Yeah that's weird
I do have an ATI gfx card, but it's not currently in my pc. Maybe I'll swap my cards over at some pointer later this week and see if I can debug my issue.
I quickly checked with some of my opengl debugging tools, and it didn't throw any errors in the code, so it's not anything obvious I have done wrong.
Ian

Next

Return to The Fitting Room