Abeladator2...we need your help amigo!!

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Abeladator2...we need your help amigo!!

Postby MrThunderwing » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Maybe something like a 'Find a working Model 3 racer and report back on it's force feedback' thread could get sticky-ed in the forum (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue admittedly)? Could be useful for any new forum members who join up, who have access to the original arcade machines.
MrThunderwing

Postby joeblade » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:54 pm

MrThunderwing wrote:Maybe something like a 'Find a working Model 3 racer and report back on it's force feedback' thread could get sticky-ed in the forum (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue admittedly)? Could be useful for any new forum members who join up, who have access to the original arcade machines.

yeah that was a bit of a long **** request MrThunderwing but don't fret...I've got a whole day in Tokyo to find a Scud Race...how hard can it be!! :lol:
joeblade

Postby isamu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm

joeblade wrote:
MrThunderwing wrote:Maybe something like a 'Find a working Model 3 racer and report back on it's force feedback' thread could get sticky-ed in the forum (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue admittedly)? Could be useful for any new forum members who join up, who have access to the original arcade machines.

yeah that was a bit of a long **** request MrThunderwing but don't fret...I've got a whole day in Tokyo to find a Scud Race...how hard can it be!! :lol:

considering its age it may be harder than you think :lol:
isamu

Postby MrThunderwing » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

joeblade wrote:

Who's fretting? Make's me sound like a hysterical woman :lol: . I think Isamu's right though, I can't imagine there are going to be that many arcades around Tokyo with a 15 year old game like Scud Race, unless it's an upright edition. You're probably more likely to find old model 3 racers in a run down old arcade in one of the many piers dotted around the coast of England - most likely in less than perfect working condition.
MrThunderwing

Postby Bart » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:27 pm

I've seen some very recent Youtube videos from Japan of people playing Scud Race, presumably at a Japanese arcade. It could very well exist. Hopefully joeblade knows Tokyo well. One day is not a lot given the shear size of the place.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby joeblade » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Bart wrote:I've seen some very recent Youtube videos from Japan of people playing Scud Race, presumably at a Japanese arcade. It could very well exist. Hopefully joeblade knows Tokyo well. One day is not a lot given the shear size of the place.

Yep I've got a few mates who know they way around the various arcades in tokyo and their gaming selections date back way further than scud race....I was on an original Outrun and Super-Hang On deluxe last time I was out there!! 8-)
But anyways we'll see and i'll report any findings back to you all!! ;)
joeblade

Postby isamu » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:44 pm

joeblade wrote:
nikdd wrote:
joeblade wrote:Hi isamu, I noticed Nik's location is London, I know there was a scud race in croydon in the Vue cinema in Valley Park...if I get a chance to go there at some point I'll have a look... :)

Ah fantastic - thanks for the info joeblade! If I get a chance I'll try and track that sucker down too - I had been wondering where to find these games in or around London (now that they've closed down Funland in Piccadilly Circus...)

Cheers, Nik.

No probs Nik, i'll be on my way to tokyo soon so I may get a chance to track a few down their and have a few go's... :)

How was the trip to Tokyo?
isamu

Previous

Return to The Fitting Room