Abeladator2...we need your help amigo!!

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Abeladator2...we need your help amigo!!

Postby isamu » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Buenas Noches Abeledator2 :) First of all, I love your setup and enjoyed watching you play on a real Daytona 2 arcade PCB! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeOpwYaETAo

Amigo, we need your help! Nik, the guy who is responsible for putting force feedback into Supermodel, is trying to determine something in Daytona 2(and Scud Race for that matter). We need to determine whether or not while playing Daytona 2, if you collide with another car, if it sends a force feedback signal to the steering wheel? In the current version of Supermodel, there is no FFB signal delivered when we hit or rub against other vehicles. We are trying to find out if this is the way the real arcade machine behaves, or if it is a bug in Supermodel.

Abeladaotor, if you still have your wheel connected to your real Daytona 2 PCB, can you please tell is if it shakes when you hit another car? And that goes for anyone else who has recently played Daytona 2.

We also have the same question for Scud Race....does Scud Race deliver FFB upon car to car collisions?

Hopefully you can tell us, and we can sort this out soon compadray :)
isamu

Re: Abeladator2...we need your help amigo!!

Postby Abelardator2 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi,
Sorry, I can not help it. I do not have the "Driver Board". I have only the original motherboard Model3 and the AudioBoard(MPEG).
Last edited by Abelardator2 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abelardator2

Postby isamu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:22 am

Doh!!! *slaps forehead*

OK well nevermind then :D

Well if anyone has access to a machine or lives near an arcade that has it please check it out for us so Nik can get on it.
isamu

Postby joeblade » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:11 am

isamu wrote:Doh!!! *slaps forehead*

OK well nevermind then :D

Well if anyone has access to a machine or lives near an arcade that has it please check it out for us so Nik can get on it.

Hi isamu, I noticed Nik's location is London, I know there was a scud race in croydon in the Vue cinema in Valley Park...if I get a chance to go there at some point I'll have a look... :)
joeblade

Postby nikdd » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 am

joeblade wrote:Hi isamu, I noticed Nik's location is London, I know there was a scud race in croydon in the Vue cinema in Valley Park...if I get a chance to go there at some point I'll have a look... :)

Ah fantastic - thanks for the info joeblade! If I get a chance I'll try and track that sucker down too - I had been wondering where to find these games in or around London (now that they've closed down Funland in Piccadilly Circus...)

Cheers, Nik.
nikdd

Postby nikdd » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:26 am

isamu wrote:We need to determine whether or not while playing Daytona 2, if you collide with another car, if it sends a force feedback signal to the steering wheel? In the current version of Supermodel, there is no FFB signal delivered when we hit or rub against other vehicles. We are trying to find out if this is the way the real arcade machine behaves, or if it is a bug in Supermodel.

Hi isamu,

Do you mean to say you don't get any jolt at all in Daytona 2 with car collisions? I agree that Scud Race doesn't do anything in Supermodel but I do see some sort of feedback in Daytona 2 when hitting another car (although admittedly not all the time)? If you're not getting anything then maybe your effects are set too weak or maybe on your particular system it's getting lost amongst the other effects? If the latter, then this should be something we can improve.

Cheers, Nik.
nikdd

Postby isamu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 am

nikdd wrote:
isamu wrote:We need to determine whether or not while playing Daytona 2, if you collide with another car, if it sends a force feedback signal to the steering wheel? In the current version of Supermodel, there is no FFB signal delivered when we hit or rub against other vehicles. We are trying to find out if this is the way the real arcade machine behaves, or if it is a bug in Supermodel.

Hi isamu,

Do you mean to say you don't get any jolt at all in Daytona 2 with car collisions? I agree that Scud Race doesn't do anything in Supermodel but I do see some sort of feedback in Daytona 2 when hitting another car (although admittedly not all the time)? If you're not getting anything then maybe your effects are set too weak or maybe on your particular system it's getting lost amongst the other effects? If the latter, then this should be something we can improve.

Cheers, Nik.

Hey Nik...

Nono I do get the jolts but only at random times....like when a car hits me hard, and my car gets shoved as a result, then I feel it. But casual rubs or soft touches against them yields no effects at all. It's strange.

Effect settings are all at 100 and vibration is even higher at 120. Same result. Collisions with trackside walls and objects are nice and strong though. Just like the arcade!

I know you'll work your magic and sort it out mate 8-)
isamu

Postby joeblade » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:03 am

nikdd wrote:
joeblade wrote:Hi isamu, I noticed Nik's location is London, I know there was a scud race in croydon in the Vue cinema in Valley Park...if I get a chance to go there at some point I'll have a look... :)

Ah fantastic - thanks for the info joeblade! If I get a chance I'll try and track that sucker down too - I had been wondering where to find these games in or around London (now that they've closed down Funland in Piccadilly Circus...)

Cheers, Nik.

No probs Nik, i'll be on my way to tokyo soon so I may get a chance to track a few down their and have a few go's... :)
joeblade

Postby Bart » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 am

joeblade wrote:No probs Nik, i'll be on my way to tokyo soon so I may get a chance to track a few down their and have a few go's... :)

So jealous. I love that town and am itching to go back one day. Don't spend all your time couped up in a subterranean arcade. Load up on the cheap sushi and izakaya dishes, too ;)
Bart
Site Admin

Postby joeblade » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:28 am

Bart wrote:
joeblade wrote:No probs Nik, i'll be on my way to tokyo soon so I may get a chance to track a few down their and have a few go's... :)

So jealous. I love that town and am itching to go back one day. Don't spend all your time couped up in a subterranean arcade. Load up on the cheap sushi and izakaya dishes, too ;)

Im a Yakiniku & Okonomiyaki fan Bart, but we actually had some wonderful sushi in a popular local restaurant where my gf parents live.

Im sure you'll get back there at some point! ;)
Anything you'd like me to pick up for you? :)
joeblade

Next

Return to The Fitting Room