My project

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

My project

Postby ferrarifan » Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Okay, i know this isn't Supermodel related but i did something in Unity creating my project. I didn't do any coding yet but is getting there. Bart told me share your game on his latest video with Holo Lens game. I said I'm working on a project too. So here's a model of a Honda S2000 GT LM for exampleImage
The polygons are about 4,932. I think that's the same as the Model 3. Correct me if I'm wrong.
ferrarifan

Re: My project

Postby Trojan X » Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 am

Looking forward for more information about the project. It's a little vague right now. :) Tell more.
Trojan X

Postby Bart » Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 am

Unity is amazing and is the de facto standard platform for XR (Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality) development these days. It certainly has its shortcomings -- there is some overhead and lack of access to the actual subsystems (rendering, physics, main loop) results in an architecture that encourages very bad programming habits (e.g., you'll see lots of antipatterns like singletons being used). But on the whole, it's a fantastic way to start developing games or highly-interactive visual applications, whether for XR, mobile, PCs, or game consoles.

I encourage everyone out there wondering about game development or VR to just dive in and start using it. Lots of resources, tutorials, and videos out there to get started.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby MrThunderwing » Sun May 28, 2017 7:22 am

FerrariFan (and indeed anyone else interested in such things) - there's a thread over at the BYOAC forum discussing the possibility of a group made Arcade Racer. If you were interested in taking your project further and working in conjunction with other people, perhaps it might be something you'd like to get involved with?

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... c=154274.0
MrThunderwing

Postby ferrarifan » Sun May 28, 2017 10:28 am

MrThunderwing wrote:FerrariFan (and indeed anyone else interested in such things) - there's a thread over at the BYOAC forum discussing the possibility of a group made Arcade Racer. If you were interested in taking your project further and working in conjunction with other people, perhaps it might be something you'd like to get involved with?

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... c=154274.0
If they using Unity, I'll see what I can do. I'm a beginner. I experienced a little bit Video game development. Is going to take some time for me to understand. For now,I have to look and find video tutorials.
ferrarifan

Return to The Catwalk