Lastest Build WIP r777 Discuss (do not post builds) DAT+BAT*

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Lastest Build WIP r738 Discuss (do not post builds)

Postby Toshiko » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Yeah, both cards are past their end of life support, so the only hope would be unofficial drivers (which is extremely unlikely).

The only Nvidia chip in the house is a laptop with a Quadro FX 2700M, and there is one frame where the tile in question has a seam before snapping into place, but there's no warping. I'd imagine the seam could be related, though.
Toshiko

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Take a screenshot
Is it the same error you posted before?
Ian

Postby Toshiko » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm

No, not exactly the same, since there's no texture warping. There's still a flash of missing geometry like in the first frame of the GIF, there's just one frame immediately after where the same tile that warps on AMD has a seam (on the edge that's warping the most on AMD) before snapping to where it should. Since it's only one frame, and only a tiny seam, it's not even obvious unless you're looking for it. I'll step through it for a screenshot later tonight.

Edit: Is there a frame advance hotkey? I'm not sure if this laptop can handle OBS capture, as it runs out of VRAM trying to run Supermodel fullscreen.

Edit 2: Either my laptop can't run OBS well enough to capture it (even setting OBS to highest priority and Supermodel to lowest, OBS can't consistently capture at 60fps and drops frames) or my eyes are playing tricks on me and it's just the pop in on the bottom frame. Could very well be the latter, and that's fine, too.
Toshiko

Postby Nickie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:16 am

hi!

since i got me a FFB steering wheel, i spent most of yesterday's afternoon playing scud race and daytona2 with a friend :P

and i've noticed 2 things:

1/ in BOTE, on the first track only it seems, i get blue glitchy single frames at some times, might be related to locations on the track ....

2/ after a whilem the game starts increasingly glitching, the audio mixing first goes out the window and the audio effects become much louder , then i actually got some crashes, and had to delete the NVRAM file to play the game again because it woule ALWAYS crash supermodel upon entering a race

are those known?
Nickie

Postby MrThunderwing » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 am

Nickie wrote:hi!

since i got me a FFB steering wheel, i spent most of yesterday's afternoon playing scud race and daytona2 with a friend :P

and i've noticed 2 things:

1/ in BOTE, on the first track only it seems, i get blue glitchy single frames at some times, might be related to locations on the track ....

2/ after a whilem the game starts increasingly glitching, the audio mixing first goes out the window and the audio effects become much louder , then i actually got some crashes, and had to delete the NVRAM file to play the game again because it woule ALWAYS crash supermodel upon entering a race

are those known?

The blue screen thing can fixed by changing your PPC setting. I get it if the PPC is set to 55, but lowering it slightly gets rid of it. a PPC of 52 seemed to do the trick for me.
MrThunderwing

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:28 am

https://ufile.io/agvnd
3rd version of my quadratic rendering code
Also depth tests properly.
Warning you'll need a decent gfx card to run this branch

Feedback welcome :)
Ian

Postby Toshiko » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:26 pm

No more warping on that one tile! Does have just a bit more slowdown, yeah. :lol:

I'll give it more testing later, but it's looking pretty good now.
Toshiko

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm

As far as I know, outside of a few tech demos that have some major limitations, this is the only proper renderer of quads (in opengl) in existence.
I think I'll just make the shader selectable, so those that have decent cards can just use it. And those don't can you use the fallback triangle renderer.
Ian

Postby Toshiko » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:04 am

I played through every track with every car on Scud Race multiple times and didn't see anything jump out at me, including some slowish laps to look for anything not especially obvious, and it's all looking pretty solid.

It's been a while since I played Daytona 2, but I figured I'd give it a shot for good measure. Other than the drift tutorial flicker (which I assume you're well-aware of, since it happens on both the triangle and quad versions on both Nvidia and AMD), everything in actual gameplay looks great.

Also played a fair bit of Virtua Fighter 3 and 3tb without incident, but it wasn't exactly exhaustive testing.

Unrelated, but I've been wondering for a while, as the last time I saw a Daytona 2 cabinet in the wild was at a New Years party in 1999 - does the car getting stuck against the pit lane wall during the drift tutorial happen on real hardware, as well? That's something that's amused me every time I start the game up. :lol:
Toshiko

Postby sonic32 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Great Works Ian, Thanks :o
I think version 3 can be added to the official set,
My PC, Pentium i5, geforce 760gt, is good.
sonic32

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk