LA Machineguns Wii Differences

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: LA Machineguns Wii Differences

Postby HyperH » Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

Jiterdomer wrote:The explosions are little bit darker, the street lights in LA and the President's limo signal lights doesn't flash, and it also missing a flashing effect (the one the actual arcade version is doing but lacks this effect in Supermodel) right during the Valley of Fire briefing screen due to memory limitations that the Wii version does. They are using capture cards than emulator since Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns Arcade Hits doesn't emulated yet in Dolphin.

Acorrding to the Emulator wiki, here's a test from a recent version:
"Runs fullspeed, rock solid framerate. Used DirectX backend. Texture Cache needs to be at safe setting in order for the game to display all of the 2D HUD graphics. I didn't notice any graphical errors. "
So it could have been emulator gameplay.
HyperH

Postby DaytonaFan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Bart wrote:The ending credits thank The Coca-Cola Company :)

Licensing issues are likely one reason Model 3 racers never saw ports. The Daytona name needs to be relicensed -- and it's not cheap. No way Daytona 2 would generate enough revenue today to warrant that. Likewise with other popular Model 3 games, including Scud Race.

But if it wasn't possible to relicense the name, they could have done like with the re-release of Daytona USA in the arcades: They didn't relicense the Daytona name, so it was renamed to SEGA Racing Classic and it had all vocal references to Daytona removed. For the console HD ports, they did relicense the name and they could use the original name and songs. If they could do that with the first game, maybe with the second one can be easier since there is no "Daytona" mentioned in the songs anywhere, and if it's because of the resemblance of PE Beginner track to a Daytona track, they could replace it with the original one (Palm Rock Valley) and release it.
DaytonaFan

Postby SailorSat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:56 am

DaytonaFan wrote:But if it wasn't possible to relicense the name, they could have done like with the re-release of Daytona USA in the arcades: They didn't relicense the Daytona name, so it was renamed to SEGA Racing Classic and it had all vocal references to Daytona removed. For the console HD ports, they did relicense the name and they could use the original name and songs. If they could do that with the first game, maybe with the second one can be easier since there is no "Daytona" mentioned in the songs anywhere, and if it's because of the resemblance of PE Beginner track to a Daytona track, they could replace it with the original one (Palm Rock Valley) and release it.

The japanese vocals sure do mention Daytona, but they could remove them.
SailorSat

Postby ConversusVans » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Speaking of ports, in reality, I have to wonder what SEGA arcade games actually had their source code lost. I hear House of the Dead 1's source code became lost (hence there hasn't been an arcade-perfect version of the game since the Saturn and PC iterations), but they've still got the source codes for Virtual-On, Virtua Striker 1, Daytona and VF2 to name a few Model 2 games. Licensing is definitely one thing, but I wonder if the source codes are still lying around for other over-the-top Model 3 games like Harley and Ski Champ.

I don't think Harley will ever be ported (if it ever does, I'm expecting a mobile phone version), but for now, I'm enjoying the hell out of it on Supermodel with hardly any flaws!

Also, speaking of LA Machineguns, I saw that game at the Tilt arcade in Kingsport, TN at the mall. The monitor was burned in pretty badly, but damn fun to play! I reckon it would've made a good money maker here in my neck of the woods (Spartanburg).
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Previous

Return to The Catwalk