Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 673)

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 584

Postby Bart » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Speaking of -- who made those changes and can they re-post them (or email me a link to where they were posted in the forum)?
Bart
Site Admin

Re: Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 584

Postby LsrgcBath » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Bart wrote:Speaking of -- who made those changes and can they re-post them (or email me a link to where they were posted in the forum)?

Shekel made with your help the modifications for the custom music soundtrack feature, this is the link of the post where he posted the first patch:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206&start=40#p9653

In the first page of the pinned thread with the SVN revisions made by Jiterdomer, on the bottom of the post in Attachments, there´s an updated version of this DSB patch with the fixed BGM made by Spindizzi and the custom music soundtrack feature integrated:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206

If i´m not wrong, Spindizzi made the fixes in VF3 and the stereo sound mixing on Sega Rally 2:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1282

Other thread with some discussion about fixes on the sound but i don´t know if there´s in some relevant info:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1289

For now, if my memory doesn´t tricks me, this is it, Shekel and Spindizzi are the guys you're looking for.

;)
LsrgcBath

Re: Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 590

Postby Spindizzi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:20 am

Hi,
Bart wrote:Speaking of -- who made those changes and can they re-post them (or email me a link to where they were posted in the forum)?

I've edited the end of the 1st post of this topic https://www.supermodel3.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1282&p=10676#p10676
Links were down, so I add new ones
sr2 patch and vf3 patch
++
Spindizzi

Postby Doosh » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 am

Hi

Is there a dat file available for any of the latest SVN releases. If so, can someone kindly post the dat file.

I am sure a lot of people would be interested in it.

Thank you.
D
Doosh

Postby Bart » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks, guys! I'll look at incorporating these next.

EDIT: I've committed the DSP fix. But I've commented on the original thread in the Dark Room. I had a question for Spindizzi about that.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Jiterdomer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 am

I tested some builds for Supermodel, even the Emuline one the game seems to drop about 20 FPS because of the improvements to the emulation like microtextures, 4bit texture, and improved specular lighting.

EDIT: When I played Le Man's 24 on this revision, the umbrella girl in the bikini in the intro almost broke her transparent vest after r589, leaving "Le Mans 24" logo stamped on her back.
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby HarryTuttle » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:58 am

Jiterdomer wrote:When I played Le Man's 24 on this revision, the umbrella girl in the bikini in the intro almost broke her transparent vest after r589, leaving "Le Mans 24" logo stamped on her back.

Could you please post a screenshot? I'm curious since in my build seems fine, r589 changed the Lemans24 patch and I use only the first line of that patch (that's needed to boot correctly the first time you launch the game with no NVRAM).
HarryTuttle

Postby Jiterdomer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 pm

HarryTuttle wrote:
Jiterdomer wrote:When I played Le Man's 24 on this revision, the umbrella girl in the bikini in the intro almost broke her transparent vest after r589, leaving "Le Mans 24" logo stamped on her back.

Could you please post a screenshot? I'm curious since in my build seems fine, r589 changed the Lemans24 patch and I use only the first line of that patch (that's needed to boot correctly the first time you launch the game with no NVRAM).

It only happens when I'm using the New Engine while in Legacy Engine, it does not.
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby HarryTuttle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:03 am

Jiterdomer wrote:It only happens when I'm using the New Engine while in Legacy Engine, it does not.

It's the line (978) in <New3D.cpp> that causes that:
Code: Select all
if (ph.Layered() || (!ph.TexEnabled() && ph.PolyAlpha()))

That's a temporary solution to enable stencil/layered polygons rendering even for generic transparent non-textured polys (like the shadows in various games) so they don't flicker. However it has some side effects like that you posted, or bad shading of the colored balloons in ECA attract mode, or the speeder bike's bad laser color in Endor forest stage of SW Trilogy. Ian is aware of that anyway, so a fix will eventually be pushed.

For the time being it could be changed to:
Code: Select all
if (ph.Layered())

but you'll have flickering shadows all over again in all games except Sega Rally 2. Or you can integrate this better temporary patch:
Attachments
diff.zip
(781 Bytes) Downloaded 30 times
HarryTuttle

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:38 am

I think there might be a bit or something in the culling nodes that sets some sort of stencil plane
need some sort of polyheader debugging, but instead in the culling nodes ..
Ian

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk