Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 757)

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 741

Postby cailan bruce0 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:31 pm

alright so im getting the new NVIDIA RTX2080TI soon
im just wondering what you guys think mite happen with daytona 2 usa with a graphics card that powerful :D :shock: :D :shock:
cailan bruce0

Re: Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 757

Postby Jiterdomer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Here's the early Christmas present for you!
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby doteater » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:22 am

thanks jiter , much appreciated

one thing though : you might want to consider uploading the builds to a different site
mediafire used to be cool but it seems like they now expect you to disable your anti-ads / popups and create annoying unkillable tabs
(i am on firefox and had to close and restart the browser from the task manager)
doteater

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:11 am

Thank you! :)
Merry Christmas!!! :D
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby scd » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Jiterdomer wrote:Here's the early Christmas present for you!

hi jit. there is any way to download svn 749 or 750? i dont see it in your past builds.
scd

Postby cailan bruce0 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:33 pm

So i have done a upgrade on my PC, From 4core to 6core's and faster ram

but i want to know why dose a old Core 2 duo or Pentium4 have to suffer when there speeds are like 2.2 to 3.4ghz clock when
the Supermodel emu is only clocking at

i dont get this :?:

PCC10% MPU PROCESSOR CLOCK : 134.860 MHZ 134.860 MHZ BUS 53.944 MHZ
MPU BUS CLOCK : 53.944 MHZ

PCC100% MPU PROCESSOR CLOCK : 136.770 MHZ 136.770 MHZ BUS 54.708 MHZ
MPU BUS CLOCK : 54.708 MHZ
cailan bruce0

Postby Bart » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 pm

I don't understand the question. But if you're asking why it takes so much processing power to emulate Model 3, well, that's because emulation is expensive to perform. We're not translating PowerPC instructions to native x86 like a JIT compiler would (this would offer a big performance boost for Supermodel). Instead, each PowerPC instruction is interpreted, and requires up to hundreds of instructions to execute on your PC to simulate the same behavior. Add to that a fairly complex 3D graphics engine and multiple co-processors (sound, music, drive board), and you can see why it's a demanding emulator.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby cailan bruce0 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Bart wrote:I don't understand the question. But if you're asking why it takes so much processing power to emulate Model 3, well, that's because emulation is expensive to perform. We're not translating PowerPC instructions to native x86 like a JIT compiler would (this would offer a big performance boost for Supermodel). Instead, each PowerPC instruction is interpreted, and requires up to hundreds of instructions to execute on your PC to simulate the same behavior. Add to that a fairly complex 3D graphics engine and multiple co-processors (sound, music, drive board), and you can see why it's a demanding emulator.

YES YES That's what i Wanted to hear :D thats what i needed to know
cailan bruce0

Postby ConversusVans » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:29 pm

As I've stated, Jiterdomer's builds run pretty smooth on an integrated graphics card for me running games in VGA res.
On the bright side of things, I just tried loading my own MP2s on Scud Race - now I have some ballin' rap music on my Super GT (like your hear on NFS Underground).

Laptop in your room + racing wheel + Jiterdomer's Supermodel builds + custom MP2s + LG Soundbar/subwoofer in the living room = someone drag-racing outside of your house :lol:
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby ferrarifan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:36 am

Bart wrote:I don't understand the question. But if you're asking why it takes so much processing power to emulate Model 3, well, that's because emulation is expensive to perform. We're not translating PowerPC instructions to native x86 like a JIT compiler would (this would offer a big performance boost for Supermodel). Instead, each PowerPC instruction is interpreted, and requires up to hundreds of instructions to execute on your PC to simulate the same behavior. Add to that a fairly complex 3D graphics engine and multiple co-processors (sound, music, drive board), and you can see why it's a demanding emulator.
MAME is also pretty demanding when it comes to 3D games. Most likely, I dosen't matter on how fast your CPU is, It will tax your processor big time. On my i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz runs Supermodel really great as well as my new Geforce GT 1030 GPU. Some MAME 3D PCB drivers on my system doesn't run that smooth except San Francisco Rush(I experienced some slight slowdown in the games select track menu). Games such as Ridge Racer for the most part you'll need a beast. It seems that Supermodel is becoming accurate with it's New 3D Engine. I can tell because the the original engine is less detailed than the real hardware and i think is suitable for those who have less capable CPUs around 2.4 Ghz. The new engine is almost identical to the real thing for faster CPU's ranging at 3 Ghz+. On the latest SVN versions i never have any slowdowns ever. I'm not sure why these problems happen. Maybe a debug version i guess?
ferrarifan

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk