Anything new on network emulation?

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Anything new on network emulation?

Postby Boomslangnz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi guys,

I have been staying off posting for awhile, excited by the progress that Supermodel has made over the past couple months. But my hope is still for network support to be added and Id like to know if anything is being done on this at all? I read that demul was adding network support for demul and was wondering if any of that info was going to help with Supermodel? Ive waited years since it was announced, give me some hope :cry: :cry: :cry:
Boomslangnz

Re: Anything new on network emulation?

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:58 am

Boomslangnz wrote:My hope is still for network support to be added and Id like to know if anything is being done on this at all? I read that demul was adding network support for demul and was wondering if any of that info was going to help with Supermodel? Ive waited years since it was announced, give me some hope

Your hope...is neutralized as there hasn't been any updates on the feature; not from the SourceForge page, nor the news, nor any threads about the feature (or any posts in existing threads).

In other words, no progress since your last forum visit.
MichaelMichael54321 wrote:"You haven't seen SEGA's arcade success like this...Sega Model 3"

My gaming rig specs, courtesy of CPU-Z:
http://valid.x86.fr/i35lsi
MichaelMichael54321

Postby Bart » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:02 pm

I don't have the code at all, so there has been no progress.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby DaytonaFan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Bart wrote:I don't have the code at all, so there has been no progress.

That's quite sad :(
I can recall I think Nik was the one working in the network emulation code, but I think I can also recall that there was some time he was busy/wasn't seen around, but that is just a theory of what I could recall from info of earlier posts though.
So the last hope would be if Nik came back (From wherever he is if he is somewhere) or if he was also working already in the code and may have it ready or something if he comes back.
DaytonaFan

Postby MrThunderwing » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Wasn't MetalliiC from DEMUL looking into whether any of the progress they've had with networking could be incorporated into Supermodel, or did I just imagine that? I keep hoping SailorSat from the BYOAC forums night take an interest in this as well, after her work getting networking working in MAME and her refinements in the Model 2 Emulator network ability.
MrThunderwing

Postby Boomslangnz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:09 am

yeah I wish a talented coder would spend the time to get network going. It's the feature I want by far as I have 4 cabs waiting here for it....been waiting for 2 years now or so

I'm not sure if SailorSat has much interest in Supermodel or not, seems to spend more time on mame or M2 Emulator. We can only hope
Boomslangnz

Postby fefor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:04 pm

I think i've saw someone on youtube playing Daytona USA 2 on an emulator using the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc cars and those can only be enabled on network play (even though he was playing solo against the 40 AI cars) not sure if it was using supermodel3 or what :|

Edit: apparently it is possible to do this with cheat engine
fefor

Return to The Catwalk