Daytona USA Returns To The Arcade!

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Daytona USA Returns To The Arcade!

Postby MrThunderwing » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:48 am

Sumo Digital are a western developer and they did a pretty kick ass job on the Outrun 2 and Outrun 2006 ports.
MrThunderwing

Postby sonic32 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:44 am

We look forward to Daytona USA 3, just so it was not too modern to stay there Cekpoint, simple menu - choice of vehicle, only three cars, tracks and select gearbox.Sega convenes workers from AM2 so I'm waiting for the big game in 2016 ... probably not , in 2017, I keep fingers crossed and I believe Tim AM2 ..
sonic32

Postby 2DForever » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Trojan X wrote:The ultimate question is whether it is being done by AM2 or some other AM estique internal Japan team or not. If it's done by a western company then I have zero faith

I read that they've managed to get a lot of the original team to work on it, including Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (The awesome audio guy, including the singing if you're unaware of his work!). I doubt they'll get Yu Suzuki on it though as he's busy with Shenmue 3... would be great if he could stick his nose in though :)
2DForever

Postby terminento » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm

♪I wanna fly sky hiiiiiigh! Let's goooooo, togetheeeeeeeeer!♪
terminento

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:07 am

This is definitely one of SEGA's strongholds--the arcade. Announcing this new Daytona USA is one move of continuation on this stronghold.

...But can they execute it...?
MichaelMichael54321 wrote:"You haven't seen SEGA's arcade success like this...Sega Model 3"

My gaming rig specs, courtesy of CPU-Z:
http://valid.x86.fr/i35lsi
MichaelMichael54321

Postby isamu » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:33 pm

Trojan X wrote:The ultimate question is whether it is being done by AM2 or some other AM estique internal Japan team or not. If it's done by a western company then I have zero faith of them replicating the original mechanics and controls of the 1st daytona game, and I doubt their understanding how every element in Daytona triggers together to make an incredible experience from the point you start the game (the timings, music, effects, UI design, receptions, interactions, menu feels, triggers, the works). It's too tough to believe that we will receive a true sequel to Daytona 2, especially in consideration of ALL western racing games to date, plus the likes of Sega rally 3/Revo (which was completely wrong). Daytona's controls is like a tetris game in itself, something that practically no other racing game provides. Daytona is Speed Racer on the final stretch from beginning to end that you control and experience with everyone else - visceral bliss overload:

I need to see the game, I need to see more. The game could look the same or graphically better than GT Sports, but that won't mean anything if the gameplay and the blue blue skies magic isn't in the game. Again, it isn't visual, it's everything.

Sorry if I am doubtful, it's just that... This is SEGA and SEGA has not been on point for over 13 years. I've been burned by them numerous times so to be safe, I will not get my hopes up for an incredible stellar game. I will keep watching that space though.

I want to get excited but I have to admit you bring up some *VERY* good points of concern. I cringe at the thought of a Western dev that doesn't know anything about what makes Daytona so good handling this project. I won't feel 100% comfortable until i get confirmation that one of the "AM" departments are doing the code. Hoooooooopefully Nagoshi-san has his hands firmly on the wheel with this one.
isamu

Postby krsjoker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:46 am

awsome news! its only the best arcade racer ever!
i just wish they would release daytona usa 2 on xbox live and psn....can you imagine the online battle's!!

i think they could still make a good amount of money if they did release it,i mean if they priced it right they would only need to make a few sales,i would happily pay £50 to have battle on the edge and power edition in one package!
krsjoker

Postby sonic32 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:12 am

Hi,
New photos Daytona Championship 3... :D
Attachments
daytona3_03.jpg
daytona3_03.jpg (208.79 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
daytona3_05.jpg
daytona3_05.jpg (193.67 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
daytona3_04.jpg
daytona3_04.jpg (169.33 KiB) Viewed 1841 times