Daytona USA Returns To The Arcade!

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Daytona USA Returns To The Arcade!

Postby Trojan X » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:27 am

I'm so shocked! Check out this other video of Daytona USA 3, this time it's the THREE SEVEN SPEEDWAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbLpmbd9SA

Seriously. If I wanted a HD Remake version of Daytona then this would be it! It's awesome for a HD Remake of the original Daytona... However, I want Daytona USA 3! THREE!!!! The sequel to Daytona 2!!!! This is not the Daytona USA III that I wanted. I knew the Western Developers cannot be trusted. I knew it. They even used all the Remixed Sega Saturn music tracks for the stages too. I want Daytona 3, not HD Remake and a taste of Daytona 2001 for I already got those. Those UI designs are quite bland here and there too. I just don't get it but my only conclusion is this... They definitely had Sonic All Stars Racing stuck in their head and that was the style tone they were going for. Sorry, but after Daytona USA 2 and the original game, I don't agree with that at all. Gameplay wide, I don't see anything new either. Daytona 2 introduced Slipstreaming, this Daytona 3 haven't provided anything else but it could be a little too soon to say that..

I think I might do a comb through to highlight the many many things that are wrong with the game but I cannot do that without playing it. I have no idea how long it will take for it to come out in Japan but I hope it comes out very soon, even if its a test location.

Lesson people... Never ever... EVER... trust any Sega west department to deliver a sequel to any of your favourite franchise. NEVER! Sega Rally is proof of this and now this looks like to be another one. Sorry, Western developers may be the best when it comes to technical achievement now but when it comes to raw unadulterated gameplay and provide superior magic than what was provided even over 15 years ago, sorry, western developers don't have what it takes. Ok, maybe I am being too harsh but the proof is in the pudding so what can I say?
Trojan X

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Trump wins as well so...

GET USED TO IT! :D
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby Trojan X » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:10 pm

terminento wrote:Hell! I decided to play nice, and in order to rule the realistic aesthetic of GT out and even things a bit, I grabbed that image, blurred it, lowered the luminance and ramped saturation and funky colors a bit. Still looks better. I think the lighting is way superior and that's the main difference. But detail as well.

Even if they were going for the funky design of the original Daytona instead of the more solid one of the sequel, well...

I think the shortened course length is fine but I completely agree just how much better GT looks in comparison to this in respect to roadside decal and all. Heck, Daytona USA 2 dome completely blows away both Daytona and the Three-Seven Speed courses. I was most looking forward to Lakeside Castle course because from looking at the course design, it appears to be the fastest and most rollercoaster style like course shown so far. Unfortunately, in respect to Sega arcade racing standard, the track looks painfully incomplete. If this was an ALPHA game then I'll say that they are on the right path, but this is BETA so I am incredibly apprehensive of them, SEGA West, providing a truly Daytona USA sequel. Right now, this looks like Daytona USA 1.5 but the other 3 unrevealed tracks might change that.
Trojan X

Postby MrThunderwing » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:27 am

Also, I don't really see the point of including 777 Speedway and the Daytona International Speedway track. Although visually they differ slightly, they're near identical layout, very short, left-hand turn only, oval tracks. It doesn't exactly scream 'variety'.

On a slightly related note, I played a bit of PS3 Daytona USA online against a couple of other players for the first time in a good few years earlier in the week. If anyone here is interested in getting in on the action then click the link here for more details.
MrThunderwing

Postby TheRealDise » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm not hyped or excited over this AT ALL. Who goes to arcades nowadays? See? Nobody!! Yes, we like to go to arcades sometimes, but they've just died out! Ever since the PlayStation and Nintendo 64, that's been happening. Daytona 3 is the game we will NEVER SEE in a local arcade. Just wait until Sega releases it on home consoles and PC. They most probably will! Want to know why?? THEY DID IT WITH EVERY SINGLE ARCADE GAME BY SEGA I KNOW! They did it with Sega Rally (1 & 2), Daytona, and a lot more!

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE
Code: Select all
I'm a DJ and I make music too. And I love games.

My alias: Dise; DJ paraDISE
TheRealDise

Postby isamu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:33 pm

RoZe SABIAN56 wrote:I'm not hyped or excited over this AT ALL. Who goes to arcades nowadays? See? Nobody!! Yes, we like to go to arcades sometimes, but they've just died out! Ever since the PlayStation and Nintendo 64, that's been happening. Daytona 3 is the game we will NEVER SEE in a local arcade. Just wait until Sega releases it on home consoles and PC. They most probably will! Want to know why?? THEY DID IT WITH EVERY SINGLE ARCADE GAME BY SEGA I KNOW! They did it with Sega Rally (1 & 2), Daytona, and a lot more!

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE

They did it with Scud Race and Daytona 2? Wow....where can I buy a copy?
isamu

Postby JackoHedge » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:38 am

Awesome news ! :D
Sorry if I speak english like a Belgian cow... ^^,
JackoHedge

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:35 am

Looking to the graphics of Daytona 3 is more like the crap of PES 2014 with Sweet FX. :P

Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby TheRealDise » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 am

isamu wrote:
RoZe SABIAN56 wrote:I'm not hyped or excited over this AT ALL. Who goes to arcades nowadays? See? Nobody!! Yes, we like to go to arcades sometimes, but they've just died out! Ever since the PlayStation and Nintendo 64, that's been happening. Daytona 3 is the game we will NEVER SEE in a local arcade. Just wait until Sega releases it on home consoles and PC. They most probably will! Want to know why?? THEY DID IT WITH EVERY SINGLE ARCADE GAME BY SEGA I KNOW! They did it with Sega Rally (1 & 2), Daytona, and a lot more!

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE

They didn't really do it with much Model 3/Supermodel games. But they did it with some Model 2 games.

All ports of arcade ver. I know:
Sega Rally Championship 1995 = Saturn = Playable, low FPS and low graphics. PC (Windows) = OK
Sega Rally 2 - Dreamcast = Not playable, low FPS, low render distance (that fog you always see). PC (Windows) = Playable, 60 FPS, high render distance.
Daytona USA - Saturn = Not playable, low FPS, low audio, and low graphics. PC = Unknown (I haven't seen it yet) Dreamcast (Daytona USA 2001) = Playable, high graphics, good audio.
Code: Select all
I'm a DJ and I make music too. And I love games.

My alias: Dise; DJ paraDISE
TheRealDise

Postby Toshiko » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:42 pm

RoZe SABIAN56 wrote:
isamu wrote:

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE

They didn't really do it with much Model 3/Supermodel games. But they did it with some Model 2 games.

All ports of arcade ver. I know:
Sega Rally Championship 1995 = Saturn = Playable, low FPS and low graphics. PC (Windows) = OK
Sega Rally 2 - Dreamcast = Not playable, low FPS, low render distance (that fog you always see). PC (Windows) = Playable, 60 FPS, high render distance.
Daytona USA - Saturn = Not playable, low FPS, low audio, and low graphics. PC = Unknown (I haven't seen it yet) Dreamcast (Daytona USA 2001) = Playable, high graphics, good audio.

You left out:
Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition on Saturn - playable, not accurate, but great stuff. PC version is pretty much identical.
Sega Rally 1995 on PS2 - direct emulation, the stuff of awesome.
Virtua Fighter 2 on Saturn - highest rated game of all time on Game Players.
Virtua Fighter 2 on Game Gear and Genesis - crap.
Virtua Fighter 2 on PC - nearly arcade-perfect.
Fighting Vipers on Saturn - not perfect, but good.
Virtual ON on Saturn - really freaking good, especially with twin stick.
Virtual ON: Oratorio Tangram on Dreamcast - Japanese version was perfect. US version didn't support the twin stick, but the controls were decent enough for it to be great.
Virtual ON: Oratorio Tangram on PS360 - perfect and amazing.

PS360 got better than arcade-perfect ports of Daytona USA and Virtua Fighter 2, as well.

PC version of Daytona USA was no better than Saturn, but I loved that Saturn port in 1995. I know it ran at 15 fps at low resolution and was in no way accurate, but it was still such a visceral experience from someone who just came off of 32X Virtua Racing Deluxe. I even preferred it to Ridge Racer on PlayStation (yes, I was a spoiled little child who had everything as soon as it was released).
Toshiko

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk