20 Years of The House of the Dead

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: 20 Years of The House of the Dead

Postby ConversusVans » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm

MakutaMaster962 wrote:
ConversusVans wrote:Speaking of which, I also want to hear the House of the Dead 1 music recorded from the real Model 2 arcade PCB. Some of the music sounds so much better compared to the M2 Emulator. I know it's an SCSP issue.

I am completely in agreement with that, ConversusVans. :D House of the Dead 1 is one of my favorite arcade games along with The Ocean Hunter. It's a real shame that the guys who were making the M2 Emulator couldn't correct the issue with the SCSP music sounds before development on the Emulator stopped. :(

Yeah, the music in M2 Emulator plays a hair faster than the real Model 2 hardware as well. If you listen to the boss music, the synthesizer sounds slightly off-key and not as clear sounding.

And yes, I have played Ocean Hunter several times. We still have it here in town in the game room at Mr. Gatti's Pizza, but it's been there for years and the machine lost its audio last time I visited. :\ I'm not that good at the game though. :P
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby MakutaMaster962 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah, the music in M2 Emulator plays a hair faster than the real Model 2 hardware as well. If you listen to the boss music, the synthesizer sounds slightly off-key and not as clear sounding.

Tell me about it... That was one of my major gripes with playing HOTD1 on the Model 2 Emulator instead of on an actual arcade machine. Another major gripe I had was in regard's to Magician Type 0's battle theme. There was this one synthesizer in that song that began at 00:30 or 00:31 seconds and stopped at around 00:48 seconds that the emulator developers never managed to perfect at all. >_>

And yes, I have played Ocean Hunter several times. We still have it here in town in the game room at Mr. Gatti's Pizza, but it's been there for years and the machine lost its audio last time I visited. :\ I'm not that good at the game though.

Neat! A fellow Ocean Hunter player. :) The arcade machine that's at my local Gattiland(I live in Round Rock, TX, BTW.) is still intact and perfectly playable. I've also gotten so good at playing Ocean Hunter there that I've reached Number 1 on the High Scores list on multiple occasions. 8-)
MakutaMaster962

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:08 am

MakutaMaster962 wrote:

Tell me about it... That was one of my major gripes with playing HOTD1 on the Model 2 Emulator instead of on an actual arcade machine. Another major gripe I had was in regard's to Magician Type 0's battle theme. There was this one synthesizer in that song that began at 00:30 or 00:31 seconds and stopped at around 00:48 seconds that the emulator developers never managed to perfect at all.)

Yep. I think it does sound better. BTW, here's my fight with the Magician in the 1CC I did at Mountasia in Marietta. Needs more views :P (Most of my YouTube is coin-operated rides and other things of my interest hahaha):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLU8hxHeazg
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Previous

Return to The Catwalk