LA Machineguns

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

LA Machineguns

Postby Bart » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Made a video for fun yesterday showcasing Ian and Harry's spectacular work.

This game doesn't get enough love. I'm a huge Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns fan! Shame it's so hard to find these games in arcades. And even if you do, the motors in the guns these days are usually broken.
Bart
Site Admin

Re: LA Machineguns

Postby HarryTuttle » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:24 pm

You should try with the latest patch :) Consider that still lacks proper flat poly specular highlight which I'm currently working on...
HarryTuttle

Postby Bart » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm

HarryTuttle wrote:You should try with the latest patch :) Consider that still lacks proper flat poly specular highlight which I'm currently working on...

I can't have too much excitement in one day. My head might explode ;)

I'll definitely try the latest changes tonight!
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 am

2017 is the best year we have. ;)
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby skyrider » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Bart wrote:Made a video for fun yesterday showcasing Ian and Harry's spectacular work.

This game doesn't get enough love. I'm a huge Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns fan! Shame it's so hard to find these games in arcades. And even if you do, the motors in the guns these days are usually broken.

Hmm... Do the rumble/force feedback work in LA MAchine Guns ? Would like to use it with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VzcjK779I ;)

By the way: Has any progress been made with Star Wars trilogy's force feedback ? This one would be a great candidate for a SideWinder Forcefeedback 2 Joystick...
Yes I'm old. Old enough to remember when the MCP was just a chess program!
skyrider

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Bart wrote:This game doesn't get enough love. I'm a huge Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns fan! Shame it's so hard to find these games in arcades. And even if you do, the motors in the guns these days are usually broken.

I have the Arcade Hits Pack for the Wii which is a compilation of both LA Machineguns and Gunblade NY, and I still play it to this day.

In fact, I live near a bowling alley which has LA Machineguns (and also 2 other Model 3 titles: Star Wars Arcade, and Ocean Hunter, but the game is not even properly regioned, since it's Japanese :/) and I pretty sure I made a post about said alley on the forums before, but I'm mentioning it again because they removed Daytona USA 2 PE which was my only solace for the arcade. But recently, I played LA Machineguns with my dad, we managed to beat the game, but I'm surprised I'm not getting good scores though. Also, the gun motors work in that cabinet for me, although Gunner 1 works better. Despite me playing Gunner 2, the motor in that is fine, but it's more noticeable rumble coming from Gunner 1.
MichaelMichael54321 wrote:"You haven't seen SEGA's arcade success like this...Sega Model 3"

My gaming rig specs, courtesy of CPU-Z:
http://valid.x86.fr/i35lsi
MichaelMichael54321

Postby Jiterdomer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Same with Bart, it's my favorite Sega Model 3 game aside from Daytona and Scud Race, I played this a lot whenever I went to Vegas at Gameworks Las Vegas at The Strip before it was closed down around 1 year later and I'm so addicted by this game! When I saw footage of the Wii port, it doesn't looked good because most of the Model 3's capabilities like specular lighting, spotlight, and texture filtering were stripped down due to limitations of the Wii. But with the latest build, I can able to play this game a lot! Kudos to HarryTuttle and Ian for fixing my favorite game!
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Return to The Catwalk