Playing Supermodel for 4 hours straight makes me feel better

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Playing Supermodel for 4 hours straight makes me feel better

Postby ferrarifan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:11 am

I actually played this emulator so long that is still awesome . Bart,Ian,and the rest of the Supermodel 3 team I just want to say thank you for bringing back memories because I remember playing Le Mans 24 a few times way back in the day. I'm relieved to play most of these Model 3 games are now forgotten or lost. Every time I play Daytona 2 in the arcade I think about Bart and others. Y'all make me feel better because I feel down about things in my life. Since I have Aspergers,I have a tough time finding a job plus I haven't got hire yet and I'm trying my best. I feel a little depressed because people with disabilities like me are trying their best plus I have a feeling because I have a disability I can't do anything? Everyone can do anything. I know some people don't treat people right. I was bullied before at school. My friends are special needs to and they always tell me you should play video games it makes you feel happy. My friend Ryan told me when you feel depressed, play video games. I like to Metal Gear, Gran Turismo,and oh I almost forgot Supermodel too. Thanks everyone for emulating model 3 hardware. I'm very proud of you guys. :) you really make me feel better. :) I'm not trying to let tears drop ;...

Guess what Bart? No more frame dropping :).
ferrarifan

Re: Playing Supermodel for 4 hours straight makes me feel be

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 am

You are welcome :)
I only got involved in this project because I wanted to play virtua fighter. I tried the model2 emulator on a default win10 install and due to some missing dependencies (system dlls) it wouldn't run. So I tried the model3 one instead :) Don't get down about life, we all get bad periods. You just have to dust yourself off and try again.
Ian

Postby Bart » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks, ferrarifan! It's a really great feeling to know that Supermodel is able to bring people joy!

Like Ian said, don't get down on yourself. Keep trying your best and don't get caught in the trap of comparing yourself to others. Feeling different can be a hard and lonely road at times, especially since we all tend to measure ourselves against others. But every "successful" person has his or her own insecurities and strings of failures. We just rarely get to hear about it. Never let fear of failure stop you from taking on new challenges. No matter what the outcome is, you'll learn something and that always enriches your life.

I think one key to happiness and self-fulfillment is being honest about your strengths and weaknesses, and finding a way to leverage what is unique about you. In the right situations, you'll be surprised to find that what you thought were weaknesses can in fact be great sources of strength that differentiate you from others.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby ferrarifan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:14 am

Thank you Guys. There are other things in my life that makes me feel better too. I will try harder to do things that won't let me down. :) When I think about stuff I love I forget bad things and move on. Plus my friends make me laugh all the time.
ferrarifan

Postby MrThunderwing » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 pm

I've always loved how friendly this forum is. It makes a change seeing virtual strangers on the internet actually trying to help and support one another, rather than the some of the bickering, hatred and (often vile) name calling you encounter in other parts of the web. Bravo Supermodel forum, bravo!
MrThunderwing

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

MrThunderwing wrote:I've always loved how friendly this forum is. It makes a change seeing virtual strangers on the internet actually trying to help and support one another, rather than the some of the bickering, hatred and (often vile) name calling you encounter in other parts of the web. Bravo Supermodel forum, bravo!

Everything I've said on this message board seems to connect with another user. This SEGA arcade community is one of my favorite communities.

Also, great post ferrarifan. I have friends on the spectrum as well.
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby ferrarifan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:23 pm

ConversusVans wrote:
MrThunderwing wrote:I've always loved how friendly this forum is. It makes a change seeing virtual strangers on the internet actually trying to help and support one another, rather than the some of the bickering, hatred and (often vile) name calling you encounter in other parts of the web. Bravo Supermodel forum, bravo!

Everything I've said on this message board seems to connect with another user. This SEGA arcade community is one of my favorite communities.

Also, great post ferrarifan. I have friends on the spectrum as well.
Thanks ConversusVans. :)
ferrarifan

Return to The Catwalk