Late Xmas present!

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Late Xmas present!

Postby MrThunderwing » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Yep, controls are fully hooked up and working now. Works great with mu DFGT Wheel.

https://youtu.be/mZUmtSppwZM
MrThunderwing

Postby terminento » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Championship mode is so unforgiving, though.
I can get past Daytona speedway, but then comes my now officially most hated track of all time: the castle one.

Dinosaur valley is nice, the tall walls give you a hint of what's to come even if visibility is compromised, the entire track is wide, it's incredibly sunny...
Cut to castle track: it's pitch black (with no headlights), the scenery is way too low, causing LOTS of blind corners even when you now the setup, and several stretchs have been drastically narrowed, giving you no way to get past the cars hogging the road. I might be able to make it if I had an extra lap, but it is near impossible like this, I mean, I hate it when I come out of a narrow blind corner only to crash into some idiot who's spinning and taking both lanes...

The arcade portion of the game is nice and easy though, had a blast and reached 1st in almost all tracks. And the classic ones have Mitsuyoshi, which is always a plus.

Does anyone know if this game has any hidden easter eggs like most Sega racers do? As in, going in reverse or stuff like that.
terminento

Postby Nickie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 am

terminento wrote:Does anyone know if this game has any hidden easter eggs like most Sega racers do? As in, going in reverse or stuff like that.

i got one techy easter egg fron the arcade controls forum:
the game is apparently built over a Model2 emulator so it uses the exact physics from the first one and maybe the same IA and whatever else :|

i found it staggering :|
Nickie

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 pm

terminento wrote:you need to go to the ShellData folder, open GameSettings.ini, set TOTAL CABINETS to 1, and change CAMERA ENABLED=YES to CAMERA ENABLED=NO.

Thank you so much terminento it was the last thing to do it.
The TOTAL CABINETS was not in the .ini file. ;)
The câmera is black because i have a Pinnacle TV set here. :lol:
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Previous

Return to The Catwalk