New House of the Dead Game (Scarlet Dawn)

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

New House of the Dead Game (Scarlet Dawn)

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:50 am

Not Model 3-related, but there is a new House of the Dead game being tested on location in Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iRn83PPFGY

I think it looks awesome. Only thing I'm not so sold on is the machine gun style. I hope the whole game isn't like that, but it's nice to see some House of the Dead 1 theming back in the series. Chariot is back, too, as are some of the zombies that were in the original!
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Re: New House of the Dead Game (Scarlet Dawn)

Postby Ian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Needs more blood. I demand excessive gore :] Heads exploding, fountains of blood!
Ian

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Ian wrote:Needs more blood. I demand excessive gore :] Heads exploding, fountains of blood!

I heard Japan has tried banning blood and gore on video games. Maybe this game will have a violence setting in the test mode like the rest did. But most arcades that I played HotD at had the blood changed to usually green or purple to make it more family friendly.
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby Ian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm

I would have preferred a shot gun, not a machine gun that sprays bullets. It would be quite fun if you ran out of that you could like pistol whip the zombies.
Ian

Postby MrThunderwing » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Ian wrote:Needs more blood. I demand excessive gore :] Heads exploding, fountains of blood!

^This. Looks nice, but it definitely seems like a bit of a sanitised version of HOTD, with the Zombies disappearing in little bursts of flame instead of an explosion of gore. Plus, I agree on the whole shotgun thing, it is the Zombie killing weapon of choice in my opinion (I did like the Uzis in HOTD4, although the shake to reload mechanic was a bit of a pain the arse). Hopefully Sega will accidentally leak this on to the internet in an update for the game in about 6 months time. Either that or they could actually do the sensible thing and give it console release after it's had a bit of time doing the rounds in the arcades (and give me something to use my PS moves for on the PS4).
MrThunderwing

Return to The Catwalk