Is this build of Supermodel with networking lost?

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Is this build of Supermodel with networking lost?

Postby DaytonaFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:37 am

http://www.supermodel3.com/WhatsNew.html
Now, I know about how Nik isn't seen since long, and he was the one that made that network mode run. However, I'm still thinking if that build shown in the about page, with some preliminary network code and seemingly a rudimentary GUI in one of the screenshots, still exists and can be shared here. I'm taking a guess about that it's lost since of the fact that it may have been shared as progress can't be figured out from that build...if the build still was there. But IDK, I always have been wondering about that.
DaytonaFan

Re: Is this build of Supermodel with networking lost?

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 am

I had wondered that as well. I know the source is on Nik's pc which is in his roof??
But does anyone have the binary?
Ian

Postby Bart » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 pm

I do have the binary somewhere but at the time Nik didn't feel it was ready to be shared so I haven't. Maybe at some point it could be posted but I probably should secure Nik's permission first, since it is his code and the source was never incorporated into the public tree. (I don't have any of the code.)
Bart
Site Admin

Postby DaytonaFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Bart wrote:I do have the binary somewhere but at the time Nik didn't feel it was ready to be shared so I haven't. Maybe at some point it could be posted but I probably should secure Nik's permission first, since it is his code and the source was never incorporated into the public tree. (I don't have any of the code.)

Sounds like a idea. I can see it makes sense that it's Nik's decision of if the binary with his code should be shared or not, and I guess that you will see how you ask the question. But regardless of the answer, thank you everyone for working so hard on this, and thanks a lot Bart too for answering this question.
DaytonaFan

Return to The Catwalk