Model 3 AOU Tech demo

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Model 3 AOU Tech demo

Postby VirtuaHunter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTBeGAhk79I

The famous Dural morphing tech demo
Do you think there are chances the original files (if they still exists) will be dumped one day, so we could play on supermodel?
VirtuaHunter

Re: Model 3 AOU Tech demo

Postby doteater » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 am

a good portion of that demo can be found in the options of the dreamcast port ; too bad the quality of the video is atrocious

the original question doesn't make much sense though : it's a video of a demo , how do you "dump" a video ?
and if the op meant the files of that particular build of vf3,well..might as well ask for a proto version of virtua fighter 6

in any case,what you're seeing there is pretty much what we ended up getting if you ask me
if you could manipulate the camera with supermodel you'd be able to create a very similar video (minus the trippy music and the room where dural is doing her [its ?] thing)
doteater

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:11 am

The video is probably either from sort of tech demo, or animation sequence running on the model3, or maybe on a pc via the real3d pro-1000.
Ian

Postby VirtuaHunter » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm

That video could be also found on the bonus Virtua Fighter History disc included in japanese Shenmue 2, so we have already a public version of this.

But what I was talking is the real tech demo files, at AOU 1996 this demo was shown in real time on real model 3 hardware, so the files should be somewhere in the Sega archives.
if only someone would make it public like they did with the famous Tower of babel Dreamcast demo...
VirtuaHunter

Return to The Catwalk