MASTERS OF DRIVING

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: MASTERS OF DRIVING

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Trojan X wrote:If you play like that then that means your screen accuracy is wrong. You are playing a 4:3 image stretched to 16:9 hence why the image looks stretched. Perhaps you should activate the "Widescreen" setting in your *.bat or *.ini file so you can play in a true 16:9 aspect ratio? It's up to you but playing in a true ratio would improve your experience.

I actually have that always enabled since I use EmuLoader...I just play in a window rather than going fullscreen..
MichaelMichael54321 wrote:"You haven't seen SEGA's arcade success like this...Sega Model 3"

My gaming rig specs, courtesy of CPU-Z:
http://valid.x86.fr/i35lsi
MichaelMichael54321

Postby Trojan X » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:28 am

MichaelMichael54321 wrote: I actually have that always enabled since I use EmuLoader...I just play in a window rather than going fullscreen..

Having it enabled and playing in windows mode shouldn't cause your screen to distort/stretch as that's exactly how I have it set when I play it and I experience no problems. Another case in point, check out my video on Sega Rally 2, it's a perfect 16:9 screen: https://youtu.be/IT7wqm6hhyc?t=183

Well. If everything is playing perfectly on your screen without stretching then that means you've stretched your videos in your video editing program, to which I encourage you to edit the screen the way I presented it earlier. If no changes were done in the video editing program then that means you were always playing the game distort/stretched. None the less, unless I am mistaken, the videos you've uploaded and shown to us reveal that your game screen is "stretched" so it's up to you if you want that rectified.

In case you are still unsure of what I am talking about, look at your video:

Your excellent run but stretched Daytona 2 video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB-kpJQuYE8

Now look at Mr Thunderwing's video:

Mr Thunderwing's correct 16:9 played video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75L3o1r2Dx4

As you can see, the difference is paramount.
Trojan X

Postby MrThunderwing » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Mikey, you should be able to get your videos into the right aspect ratio with a bit of YouTube post processing magic. Go to the tags for your video (accessed in the info and settings tab - the one that looks like a little pencil) and copy and paste the following into the section where your tags are: yt:stretch=4:3

It should (in theory) squish your video into a 4:3 aspect ratio and will get rid of the stretched effect you've got at the moment, owing to the video currently being in 16:9, but the emulator not being set to wide screen mode. It means you'll end up with black bars either side of the video when it's played back on a 16:9 screen, but everything will be in the correct aspect ratio.
MrThunderwing

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:36 pm

MrThunderwing wrote:Mikey, you should be able to get your videos into the right aspect ratio with a bit of YouTube post processing magic. Go to the tags for your video (accessed in the info and settings tab - the one that looks like a little pencil) and copy and paste the following into the section where your tags are: yt:stretch=4:3

It should (in theory) squish your video into a 4:3 aspect ratio and will get rid of the stretched effect you've got at the moment, owing to the video currently being in 16:9, but the emulator not being set to wide screen mode. It means you'll end up with black bars either side of the video when it's played back on a 16:9 screen, but everything will be in the correct aspect ratio.

Thanks for the heads-up, updated the tags...although I'm not really seeing a difference as of now...
MichaelMichael54321 wrote:"You haven't seen SEGA's arcade success like this...Sega Model 3"

MichaelMichael54321

Postby Shekel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:02 pm

I haven't played SR2 in a while and tried to learn the 306. I've beaten my times with the Subaru and Lancia (which now feel really slippery and I don't want to drive them any more) but I'm still far from getting into the 4:00:00 club. No video cause I can't even play without random slowdowns, never mind recording on top of that.

Shekel

Postby Shekel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:36 am

Not a great Snowy and I've seen people do faster on Mountain, but I'm happy to get under 4:04 Image
Shekel

Postby Shekel » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:19 am

Not Model 3, but I was happy to get this today on the original Model 2 game. Been trying for a while to get a goal of 3:20 and it was slowly improving, but I doubt I'll take much more off it now.

Shekel

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Shekel wrote:I haven't played SR2 in a while and tried to learn the 306. I've beaten my times with the Subaru and Lancia (which now feel really slippery and I don't want to drive them any more) but I'm still far from getting into the 4:00:00 club. No video cause I can't even play without random slowdowns, never mind recording on top of that.

Kudos to you. Hope you get your slowdown issue solved--I want to see this footage from you; seems pretty juicy. :lol:
I wish I could master the Peugeot since I'm used to the less traction cars. Maybe one day...I'll try a run with this vehicle...
...Snowy is going to be a nightmare...

Shekel wrote:Not Model 3, but I was happy to get this today on the original Model 2 game. Been trying for a while to get a goal of 3:20 and it was slowly improving, but I doubt I'll take much more off it now.

Oh my, the original. I found it difficult, in terms of getting a good time, since I trip on the extra Lakeside stage quite a lot.

MichaelMichael54321

Postby MichaelMichael54321 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm

I did a run with the Ferrari F40...

Scud Race - Mystery Ruins, the Medium-level track

Maybe I'll try and beat the Beginner courses with the remaining two cars (McLaren F1, Porsche 911)

MichaelMichael54321

Postby Shekel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 am

MichaelMichael54321 wrote:Kudos to you. Hope you get your slowdown issue solved--I want to see this footage from you; seems pretty juicy. :lol:
I wish I could master the Peugeot since I'm used to the less traction cars. Maybe one day...I'll try a run with this vehicle...
...Snowy is going to be a nightmare...

Just watch one of the 4-minute runs on YouTube, you'll see practically the same stuff :) It's only very minor fps dips when playing but recording kills it. I really can't record with this computer.

Snowy's actually my favourite track. The snow makes that car drift more so it's no problem, but elsewhere it takes a while to adjust to.

MichaelMichael54321 wrote:Oh my, the original. I found it difficult, in terms of getting a good time, since I trip on the extra Lakeside stage quite a lot.

Ah, Lakeside. You don't need to be good at that because fortunately, it doesn't include that in your championship time, which is great.

Nice run on Scud Race. I never understood or liked the game enough to stick with it but still enjoy watching it from time to time.
Shekel

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk