MASTERS OF DRIVING

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: MASTERS OF DRIVING

Postby Calavera » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 pm

I've recently been getting into playing these old Model 3 driving games as the emulation is basically perfect now. At first I was using the 360 pad and it was OK but man the steering is just way to sensitive! Then I remembered I had a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision racing wheel in the closet that I bought brand new in the box at goodwill several years ago for $10. I hooked it up and wow what a difference, that wheel is great for these kind of racing games.

You may laugh at the fact that I'm using such an old wheel, but it really does work great with Supermodel. I prefer the fact that it isn't a force feedback wheel, it makes it feel more arcade authentic. Yes I realize some of these machines had force feedback wheels but I prefer the non force feedback on them when emulation and for $10 it is a huge improvement over the 360 pad.
Calavera

Postby JackoHedge » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:04 am

Playing arcade-emulated racing games is way better with a wheel, and especially a force-feedback wheel as those games are originaly build to run with those devices.
How did you manage to play with a controler for so long !? xD
Sorry if I speak english like a Belgian cow... ^^,
JackoHedge

Postby Abelardator2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:59 am

Abelardator2

Postby ConversusVans » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Calavera wrote:I've recently been getting into playing these old Model 3 driving games as the emulation is basically perfect now. At first I was using the 360 pad and it was OK but man the steering is just way to sensitive! Then I remembered I had a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision racing wheel in the closet that I bought brand new in the box at goodwill several years ago for $10. I hooked it up and wow what a difference, that wheel is great for these kind of racing games.

You may laugh at the fact that I'm using such an old wheel, but it really does work great with Supermodel. I prefer the fact that it isn't a force feedback wheel, it makes it feel more arcade authentic. Yes I realize some of these machines had force feedback wheels but I prefer the non force feedback on them when emulation and for $10 it is a huge improvement over the 360 pad.

I completely agree. I currently am using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad, but I would love to find a good wheel sometime. The analog sticks on my Logitech are actually good and precise when it comes to acceleration and steering. Most of the 3rd party PS3 controllers I've used are wonky with steering though. For instance, in Harley-Davidson & LA Riders, I usually twist the throttle lightly to accelerate faster (without that obnoxious back wheel spin that most people hear as they play).
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby RedTail » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Daytona USA 2: Power Edition & Battle on the Edge

http://youtu.be/JGwdTAIGdeU

Note: I did a little editing to make the video flow more seamlessly between races, looped the title card animation during the attract mode so the entire attract mode bgm plays out, did a little cropping to hide some overflow in the race/car selection screen, and tinkered with the credits a bit so different parts of the borders wouldn't flash in an inconsistent manner.
RedTail

Postby Jiterdomer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Anyone uses the shifter left-handed? Maximum Tune games outside of USA is left-handed.
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:32 am

Good: Everything.
Bad: Annoying Guy from the game doesn´t shut up. :)
Waiting...
Joaquim Gonçalves

Postby MrThunderwing » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:49 am

Making use of the save state hacks that were uploaded here ages ago.

Scud Race Plus - Beginner Day with Bus: https://youtu.be/ELE0spYUqVQ

Scud Race Plus - Advanced with Rocket: https://youtu.be/Ith_2A3MPUc

Daytona USA 2: Battle on the Edge with Hornet!: https://youtu.be/4-hYD1a5Uo8
MrThunderwing

Postby JackoHedge » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:03 am

Nice videos, by far the funnyest ones ! xD
I love hos you move all the car out of your way with the bus ! xD
Sorry if I speak english like a Belgian cow... ^^,
JackoHedge

Postby MrThunderwing » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Yarp, it's easier just to plough straight through the AI cars in the bus.
MrThunderwing

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk