MASTERS OF DRIVING

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: MASTERS OF DRIVING

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Shekel wrote:I used to have a G27 but didn't like it :) I wasn't bad at using it, it's just a lot more playable for me to use a controller because I can pick it up and put it down whenever. The biggest downside to the controller is the lack of feedback, though.

Yeah, about the start, I've seen a couple of different methods that pros use. They basically skip gear 2. I start with 1st gear, then jump to 3 after a second or so and then let that reach almost max revs before changing to 4th.

Thanks about the times. It's a good game to better yourself at because it's it's less than 5 minutes for the whole game and you can improve on your time everywhere.

Speaking of manual transmission, I went to a restaurant near Columbia, SC last month (Flight Deck Restaurant) and their Daytona USA 2 twin needed repair. Kids were jerking on the gear and I couldn't select my course/car/transmission with the gas pedal. The cabinet was also a Japanese one :)
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby fefor » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Woah actually that's a really good time Shekel, I wonder how is Abelardo record on that track, from what i've seen he is really good at daytonas
fefor

Postby Shekel » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks but I'm sure it's not that good (totally no offence, I'm sure you worked hard for your time). I think he's much, much faster :)

I tried playing with that Phantom car again and I don't get it.
Shekel

Postby fefor » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Phantom car is way too difficult for me, I use Easy level car for all the courses except beginner, can't get any real good times with that one but atleast you can easily score 1st and safely drive any corner
fefor

Postby Shekel » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Can you get 1st place on all courses with the beginner car? That's interesting if you can. I used to think the game was unwinnable unless you used manual and/or a faster car. Not just in this game, but Scud Race as well.
Shekel

Postby fefor » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Yeah, they can even be done with the AT Easy car, but I personally prefer using the MT one so I could switch to 3rd gear on some curves then back to 4th, here are some examples of mine:

Advanced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9S8tha1zw4
Mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzsAict8BY8

I still have to record Expert but lately i've been having some FPS drop issues with the game, strange :|
fefor

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I figured this thread would be best to discuss experiences with real arcade machines:

I went to the Mountasia arcade in Marietta yesterday. It's a great arcade when you go on Tuesdays or special occasions (they put all the non-ticket games on free play) and was surprised to see how well the Scud Race twin cab was working for its age. I assume it had been there for about 20 years. Even the manual stick was working on both sides (although the sound was off on P2 and its steering wheel was chipped in places), but I still can't drift well. :P

Also visited Dave & Buster's in Marietta, which still has Harley LA Riders, but the handlebars on player 2 was having a bad day. I had to constantly squat in order to keep the bike at center. Honestly, I prefer the standard cabinet because steering is sort of annoying on the deluxe version to begin with.
ConversusVans

Postby Toshiko » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Mountasia! I used to go there with my cousins all the time. None of us live in Georgia anymore, so I miss having an excuse to check out their arcade and go-karts. Last time I was there, I was surprised to see a 3rd Strike cabinet, and got to school my cousin's husband in Super GT. Fun times. Not even sure how long it's been, now...
Toshiko

Postby ConversusVans » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Toshiko wrote:Mountasia! I used to go there with my cousins all the time. None of us live in Georgia anymore, so I miss having an excuse to check out their arcade and go-karts. Last time I was there, I was surprised to see a 3rd Strike cabinet, and got to school my cousin's husband in Super GT. Fun times. Not even sure how long it's been, now...

BTW, did Mountasia have House of the Dead 1 when you went back in the day? I just set two high scores of 91K on that cab. Highest before that was in the 50,000 zone. It seems most people just play through the game and blast the zombies in the body, but I usually go for headshots on most zombies. :P
ConversusVans

Postby Toshiko » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:42 am

I think they had it up on the platform, with SvC Chaos and a few of the older games, but I might be misremembering. I kinda suck at shooting things, and mostly stick to racing. If it weren't for free play, I'd have never finished any HotD or Time Crisis. :p
Toshiko

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk