playing with your Wiimote MotionPlus like a light gun

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: playing with your Wiimote MotionPlus like a light gun

Postby terminento » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:34 pm

OK, now I know what to ask Santa to bring this christmas!
terminento

Postby dan76 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Osiris wrote:Thanks for your detailed response !

Im interested to buy a plastic gun and put inside the Wiimote ( without nunchuck ).
How do you do for reload on The lost World ?
For saying the truth , im more interested of how it will work with Sega Model 2 games like : House of The Dead and Virtua Cop 1/2.
Did you try it ? thanks !

For The Lost World I've got it mapped so that the trigger (B) fires and A button reloads. To be honest it works better with the nunchuck in the Wii zapper as both reload and fire are mapped to the Z and C buttons. I use the trigger underneath to fire and C to reload.

House of the Dead is exactly the same, one button fires, the other reloads. Its perfect and I'd forgotten how good the game is. I haven't played Virtua Cop on model 2 yet as I've been busy tweaking the settings in PCSX2 to get the lightgun games running, it's a bit tricky as the emu doesn't natively support them. Vampire Night is really good, it's a lightgun game by Sega and Namco, worth checking out. Virtua Cop runs well though calibration is a pain.

The biggest eye opener in all this is how great Ocean Hunter is. It's really long for a lightgun game, has 8 stages (I think) and a full playthrough takes about 40 minutes.
dan76

Postby Shekel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:39 am

Sounded cheap so I ordered one and a pistol case, but would this also work for PlayStation emulators like ePSXe or PCSXR?
Shekel

Postby dan76 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 am

Shekel wrote:Sounded cheap so I ordered one and a pistol case, but would this also work for PlayStation emulators like ePSXe or PCSXR?

As far as I can tell it will work on anything that accepts a mouse as an input. So if the emulator you're running allows that then you should be fine. So far I've tested Supermodel, Mame, the Model 2 emu and PCSX2 (with the nuvee plugin) and it works great.

I finally got the 1cc on SWT and defeated Vader playing with the Wiimote. So good.
dan76

Postby Shekel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:06 am

Sweet, that's what I hoped, thanks.
Shekel

Postby Osiris » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks Dan76 for your informations !

I will receive the mayflash sensor bar today and i will try it !
Ps: finally i will receive it tomorrow

Maybe i will need your help Dan76 ;)

I have some questions : the cursor run at good/normal speed ? Not too fast ?
Do you think there is a possibility to config Model2 for reloading when shooting or pointing outside the screen like model3 emu? Thks!
Osiris

Postby Cel_da » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:06 am

Hey there,
i use the wii mote for some time, it´s great for shooting games! I can use it with mame and M2 without problems. The thing is in Demul...i can´t get (even the mouse) to work the fire or reload buttons (for exemple in Hotd2) the pointer is detected in settings but no buttons when i press mouse, any ideas? I have search every forums and no one has this problem, followed all steps in this forum https://casualemulationfan.wordpress.co ... -emulator/ and no luck, tryed to reinstall Demul and other versions ...nothing tryed a wired mouse...nothing...it was great if i could make this work because there are great arcade shoothing games to play in Demul...

Any help would be great!

Thx
Cel_da

Postby Shekel » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:05 am

Did anyone get the Wiimote trigger to act as fire in Model 2?

By default, the A button on the remote and Z on the nunchuck were left-click, but I managed to swap it with a program called EitherMouse. This has worked in MAME and Supermodel, but Model 2 it doesn't take effect and so the trigger reloads. It's not a huge deal, because the nunchuck is faster than my trigger, but I'd still like to fix that.
Shekel

Postby dan76 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:28 am

@Cel_da. I've not had much luck with Demul yet myself. I might try a different emu.

Shekel wrote:Did anyone get the Wiimote trigger to act as fire in Model 2?

By default, the A button on the remote and Z on the nunchuck were left-click, but I managed to swap it with a program called EitherMouse. This has worked in MAME and Supermodel, but Model 2 it doesn't take effect and so the trigger reloads. It's not a huge deal, because the nunchuck is faster than my trigger, but I'd still like to fix that.

EDIT: for some reason the model2 emu button configure options don't work if you're using the dolphin bar. However, if you use the Wiimote on it's own, the trigger will be fire and the A button reload. For some reason plugging in the nunchuck reverses the trigger and A button mappings. This is something to do with the dolphin bar and how it handles inputs... Yeah, a bit of a pain.
dan76

Postby Cel_da » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 pm

My advice is to try the Touchmote, it´s so simple to use and no need to copy codes or other things...i have just installed it and configure, u can assign any keyboard or gamepad keys/buttons to the wii remote. Give it a try! For me it works great!
As for the Demul issue i have it´s really something about the emulator since the mouse itself doesn´t work as trigger or reload, it just detects the movement of it in the setup of the arcade games in Demul :(
Cel_da

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk