Arbee wrote:Are you asking if it's possible or for someone to do it for you? Because it's definitely possible - any Intel Mac capable of compiling and running MAME/MESS will also compile and run Supermodel pretty easily.
Arbee wrote:I can probably post a binary for systems running Lion (10.7); is your Mac on Lion or still Leopard/Snow Leopard?
Note that even with a canned binary, you will still need to install the SDL framework. That installation consists of dragging one folder into another in the Finder, as follows:
1) Go to http://www.libsdl.org/ , and click the "SDL 1.2" download link in the sidebar, then scroll down to "Mac OS X" under "Runtime Libraries".
2) Download the "SDL-1.2.14.dmg" disk image and open it.
3) Click 'Macintosh HD' (or whatever your Mac's hard disk is named) in the left pane of a Finder window.
4) Open the Library folder and drag the SDL.framework folder from the SDL disk image into the 'Frameworks' folder.
RetroRepair wrote:This works fine, however the controls need configuring as by default they are set to nothing.
Arbee wrote:I have posted an experimental binary here. It's 64-bit and built on Lion; I think it should work on earlier OS Xes as well, but you never know.
Caveats are included there, but I'll mention them here again:
1) You must have SDL.framework installed.
2) This is a pure command line app, like all versions of Supermodel. There are no compatible front ends for OS X yet.
It's a raw binary in a .tgz; double-click to extract the binary into the current folder. If someone more up on OS X than I wants to make a full-on bundle please feel free
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest