Turn off SuperModel3 checksum check? (SRC2)

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!
  • No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!
goilup

Turn off SuperModel3 checksum check? (SRC2)

Post by goilup »

Hi, I have extracted the rom for Sega Racing Classic 2 from the new Like a Dragon game and I wanted to try running it in SuperModel3 but I can't seem to find a way for it to run as it "can't find checksum" and fails. Any ideas?
Bart
Site Admin

Re: Turn off SuperModel3 checksum check? (SRC2)

Post by Bart »

The game is out? I thought it was coming out next year.

Also, Supermodel loads games based on their checksum not filenames. You'll need to open up Games.xml and add a new game definition for this ROM. If you want help, shoot me an email (you can find it on supermodel3.com).
Framed_Niner

Post by Framed_Niner »

How the heck did you get it? I didn't know that it could be extracted! Maybe it is possible to replace the rom with Daytona 2?
orimarc

Post by orimarc »

Bart wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:25 am The game is out? I thought it was coming out next year.
What's coming next year is "Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth", Gaiden was released this week.
Bart
Site Admin

Post by Bart »

I found the ROMs as well. They are not in a format that can be loaded by Supermodel. They are packed into a "par" archive, and can be extracted using ParTool. Not all of the ROMs are present. Just the CROMs and VROM.

I can probably write an xml entry that loads this and fills in the other ROMs from a daytona2 set but not sure it will run.