Network code

Technical discussion for those interested in Supermodel development and Model 3 reverse engineering. Prospective contributors welcome.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Network code

Postby Boomslangnz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 pm

I wished for so long to have nik's version of supermodel

I'm obsessed with daytona 2 network

Been such a depressing last few years never getting to try it
Boomslangnz

Postby Bart » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:10 am

Daytona works correctly in Nik's build but as you've found, Scud Race has broken vehicle orientations. I don't think Nik ever found a solution for that. It's an odd bug because the other data is clearly transmitted correctly.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Boomslangnz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:15 pm

will Nik's version ever be released? I know it's old binary but i would still love to play it multiplayer
Boomslangnz

Postby VF3 addicted » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 am

Me too i would love to play vf3 with other players not only against cpu .Will the next big dream come true ?
VF3 addicted

Postby Spindizzi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 am

Bart needs to obtain agreement from Nik to free the exe and eventually the lost sources. (explained somewhere in this forum)
According to vf3 manual, there is no mention of a possible link between two cabs for this game, it's only a 2 players game on the same cab
Spindizzi

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Spindizzi,
have you tried lemans24? That game give some quite detailed booting info
Ian

Postby Boomslangnz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Well I hope Bart will ask and nik will give permission

I NEED daytona 2 network in my life
Boomslangnz

Postby Spindizzi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:45 am

I've checked all the games, of course
Lemans and von2 are identical. Can't get any data transfert

Boomslangz = daytona fan addict, :lol:
Spindizzi

Postby Bart » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 am

VF3 addicted wrote:Me too i would love to play vf3 with other players not only against cpu .Will the next big dream come true ?

VF3 does not use networking and what Spindizzi is working on is not a general network client allowing any game to be played online (although such a thing might be possible in the future). For now, you can play against a friend using the same computer and two controllers.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Bart » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 am

Spindizzi wrote:Bart needs to obtain agreement from Nik to free the exe and eventually the lost sources. (explained somewhere in this forum)
According to vf3 manual, there is no mention of a possible link between two cabs for this game, it's only a 2 players game on the same cab

I'll ask Nik but it may take him a while to respond. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of yet another confusing and deprecated Supermodel build being out in the wild, and the ensuing flood of questions I'll be receiving by email and forum. There also could have been legitimate reasons for why Nik didn't want the build posted besides simply feeling it wasn't polished enough.

Until then, I think everyone should be thankful for the work you (Spindizzi, Ian, and SailorSat) have been painstakingly undertaking to make Model 3 network emulation a reality and enjoy seeing the progress of reverse engineering happening in real time. Emulation is, IMHO, more about figuring out how old hardware worked and ensuring its preservation than "playing free games". And just a reminder to others peeking in: since this is the development forum, let's keep the discussion as technically focused as possible here.
Bart
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Dark Room