Network code

Technical discussion for those interested in Supermodel development and Model 3 reverse engineering. Prospective contributors welcome.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Network code

Postby Bart » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Jiterdomer wrote:
Hydreigon233 wrote:
Jiterdomer wrote:Hydreigon, have you used to CPU timing stuff for arcade hardwares that will explain why Scud Race and Daytona 2's link feature made the emulator slow even on high-end PCs.
No. I am sadly not familiar with this stuff but wish to know. Can you send me a good example sometime?

Take Step 2.1 games for example, LA Machineguns and Harley had graphic bugs related to timing where instead of showing screen going black or white, it shows garbage graphics for half a second.

I've looked at this and would like to have another go at it someday. I feel that we're pretty close. Unless someone has a flash of inspiration and tries something that just works, it's going to take a lot of careful analysis of game code. I had an idea recently that I could try with my VF3 board.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Jiterdomer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:07 pm

That sounds cool, you can apply it to Step 2.x games.
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby Bart » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Sure thing. If someone wants to buy me a Step 2.0 PCB :)
Bart
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Dark Room