Sega Racing Classic 2 ROM

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!
  • No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!
VirtuaIceMan

Re: Sega Racing Classic 2 ROM

Post by VirtuaIceMan »

Is it possible to rip all ROMs from Yakuza games? I noticed that Super Hang-On in Yakuza/Judgment games is an undumped one (ride-on) that's not in MAME yet:

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/s ... ber=396719
Bart
Site Admin

Post by Bart »

VirtuaIceMan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:56 pm Is it possible to rip all ROMs from Yakuza games? I noticed that Super Hang-On in Yakuza/Judgment games is an undumped one (ride-on) that's not in MAME yet:

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/s ... ber=396719
There are a lot of ROM files you can find by poking around the game's install directories. Unclear whether all the ROMs will be included; at least for Model 3, they omit all the sound, MPEG, and drive board ROMs.
VirtuaIceMan

Post by VirtuaIceMan »

Ah the games that have the System16 games like Yakuza 6 have a folder called minigames/segaages_w64/hng whcih contains the cabinet side graphics as bezel.dds and a file like sa_hng_w64.bin - not sure what would open that.

I also just noticed that Puyo Puyo, which appears in Yakuza 6, has near identical folder structure to Puyo Puyo Tetris (even has a "tetris" sub-folder!) so it's clearly a cut-back version of that.
Bart
Site Admin

Post by Bart »

A hex editor will open anything ;)
VirtuaIceMan

Post by VirtuaIceMan »

I wouldn't have any idea how to get parts out of a .bin file into the range of eprom dumps that MAME would require :(
Virtua Hunter

Post by Virtua Hunter »

Anyone found a way to switch focal from Dennis St James to Mitsuyoshi?

"Holding Start" cheat doesn't work for some reason, and that was the official cheat by Sega irrc from earlier interviews.