Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 777)

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: Supermodel Latest Builds for Download (currently SVN 775

Postby artman999999 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:59 pm

[quote="Bart
Can you make some save states well before this sequence? In particular, it would be especially useful to have a save state before the previous stage ends (that is, the Endor stage, at the end of the boss sequence, before this stage is even triggered). If the JTAG device is accessed for this stage, it may happen before the level is even loaded. I don't see any JTAG writes after loading your state. It is also quite likely that the JTAG configuration applies to the entire game and that there is some other mechanism that is triggering unsigned shading here. An earlier save state might also help us check to see if any of these mysterious "translator maps" are loaded for this level.

In the meantime, a fix you can apply that will break shading in other games (and possibly elsewhere in the level) is to open up New3D.cpp and change:

Code: Select all
if (!m_shadeIsSigned) {
   shade = (ix & 0xFF) / 255.f;
}
else {
   shade = BYTE_TO_FLOAT((INT8)(ix & 0xFF));
}

To:

Code: Select all
if (true) {
   shade = (ix & 0xFF) / 255.f;
}
else {
   shade = BYTE_TO_FLOAT((INT8)(ix & 0xFF));
}
[/quote]

Just compiled with above change and the tunnel textures are back! There is an untextured spot at the end of the tunnel (due to the texture popping up late), but I don't know if that's the same as the original or not, and YT longplay footage of the original machine isn't great for SWT. As requested, I've also created a save state just before you enter the bonus stage. A screen cap of the tunnel from the revised v775 is also attached below. Thanks for your help!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/73klf6e5jlmpb18/swtrilgyendorsavestate.zip/file

Base Profile Screenshot 2019.03.11 - 19.47.37.95.jpg
Base Profile Screenshot 2019.03.11 - 19.47.37.95.jpg (237.35 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
artman999999

Postby doteater » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:43 am

well,i don't want to celebrate too early but emufrance's r775 seems to run better for me aka i regained those lost fps @ 66 frequency
100 is still a no go but all the games seem to run fine @ 66 in my experience so..yea
same setup , same config / bat file (of course)
would be interesting to hear from jiter or at least notify him of this issue / problem but i don't think he is very active or checks other threads

btw,the guys from emufrance must be lurking in this thread because their build includes the fix for swt ?

edit :

One thing you can try is to turn throttle off
You should be locked at vsync then (in theory anyway)

out of curiosity,what's the command for that ?
nevermind,found it (-no-throttle)
guess i will try combining -no-throttle and -vsync

edit 2 :
i lose about 3 fps by adding -quad-rendering
doteater

Postby Bart » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Does Jitterdomer build with Visual Studio?
Bart
Site Admin

Postby artman999999 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:21 pm

doteater wrote:btw,the guys from emufrance must be lurking in this thread because their build includes the fix for swt ?

Not sure what the emufrance guys mean with their "swt fix". They say it's a speed and sound patch, but I haven't had any issues with either. And if they mean correcting the swtrilgya rom, it didn't work because it's still slow. And the Endor Death Star tunnel is still unrendered, so I really don't know what the difference is. They also have shaders and all sorts of other oddities in that version, but it seems to function no better or worse than Jitdomer's compiles.
artman999999

Postby Jiterdomer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 am

I built the versions with Visual Studio.
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby Bart » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 am

I should try building in Visual Studio. I suspect gcc generates better code. If anyone in the meantime wants to build the two side by side and test, it would be helpful.
Bart
Site Admin

Postby Jiterdomer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:40 am

Thanks! If I build using GCC, does it include the Xinput code in it along side Spindizzi's network feature?
Feel the heartbeat of my machine through this tight seat. I feel every motion of my machine
Jiterdomer

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 am

I know spindizzi also uses visual studio, but checked some options to 'fix' the previous broken mp2 audio decoding
I suspect it could be some debug stuff that might be slowing the build down
Ian

Postby ConversusVans » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 pm

For those of you Harley-Davidson & L.A. Riders lovers, I spent some time swapping out the attract music in the ROM with my own custom music track, using HXD to swap out bytes, and CRC Manipulator to change the CRC values of the ROM to make Supermodel load it.

NOTE: The US attract music (with the "wah-wahs") requires both mpr20374.23 and mpr20376.25 to fully play itself in the game, so I used the Japanese version since the entire stream is programmed on that ROM.

1. Use Audacity to open mpr20374.23 as an 8-bit PCM with "No Endianess" and make sure it is Mono-only. Once you open that, at the bottom where it says start and end of selection, click the combobox and check for the length in "samples" so we can find the offsets of where the music begins. The offsets of the Japanese music in hexidecimal offsets are 87544 - 2446480.
2. Edit and/or speed up your custom music track to match the length of the attract music as selected, and be sure your custom audio is mono too.
3. Once you know the offsets, now open up a new Audacity window and export your edited audio to 22050Hz and as a RAW (headerless) 8-bit file.
4. Open both your RAW file and the Harley sound ROM in HXD (if installed), then hold Ctrl+E to search for the offsets (in hexidecimal numbers) of where the designated song starts and ends. You will be replacing those bytes by copying and pasting the bytes from your RAW music file into that rom.
5. Now, download/open CRC Manipulator GUI (https://github.com/rr-/CRC-manipulator/releases/download/0.5/crcmanip-0.5-bin.zip), then rewrite the original CRC32 values Supermodel wants back into the newly modified ROM, then if you have WinRAR, open your Harley zip folder and place that rom in there.

Now you should have your own little AC/DC or Judas Priest soundtrack as part of the opening to the game! Hopefully this helps.
- Conversus W. Vans (Paul)
ConversusVans

Postby Joaquim Gonçalves » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 am

and... pink floyd, iron maiden, rolling stones, guns and roses, metallica, motorhead and nirvana.
Joaquim Gonçalves

PreviousNext

Return to The Catwalk