Inputs not working

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!
  • No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!
Ravsieg

Inputs not working

Post by Ravsieg »

Hello everyone,

Great work keeping Model 3 alive and accessible for those of us who loved the games back in the day!

This was originally a post about Daytona USA 2 not going out of the network issue that's discussed in this website's help section, but now that I've tested it out a bit more, it seems the problem's completely different.

No keyboard inputs will work. Not the default ones, and not the ones I set via the -config-inputs command prompt. (Supermodel.ini has changed accordingly)

Is there a known reason as to why Supermodel won't accept a keyboard at times?

Thanks!
Last edited by Ravsieg on Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart
Site Admin

Re: Inputs not working

Post by Bart »

Make sure your window is actually selected and that a Config folder exists from which to load the config file. If you launch Supermodel using some launcher that isn’t setting the working directory correctly it won’t find it.

Check Supermodel.log to see if any of your mappings exist. If not, the INI file probably can’t be found.
Ravsieg

Post by Ravsieg »

Thanks for the answer!

- The window is definitely selected.
- The Config folder is there, but no file named "config". There's only supermodel.ini there.
- No supermodel.log file.

Noting, though, that I was using 0.2a for this. I can't even boot the games on the latest 0.3a version, but am looking into it.
gm_matthew

Post by gm_matthew »

Is your Games.xml file up to date? It should also be inside the Config folder.
Ravsieg

Post by Ravsieg »

gm_matthew wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:03 pm Is your Games.xml file up to date? It should also be inside the Config folder.
Thanks!

0.2a - There was no Games.xml file in Config, but the games boot up anyway. I've copied the most recent version in there, but that didn't make a difference in regards to inputs not working, though.

0.3a - The file is there, but it was logged as missing on supermodel.log. Same with supermodel.ini.
Bart
Site Admin

Post by Bart »

That means you are not running supermodel.exe from the Supermodel directory where the Config folder is. You are somehow launching it from a different working directory. Even though supermodel.exe is in the correct folder, you also need to be in that folder when launching it.